Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7954 Discussions

Dose Parallel Studio 2015 support CentOs 7?

Rashawn_K_Intel1
Employee

I have a set of CentOS 7 machines on which I need to install Parallel Studio 2015 for using the C, C++, and Fortran compilers.  However, when I launch the install script the installer informs me that my OS is not supported.  It also informs me that RHEL 7 is supported, which is very much the same thing as CentOS 7.  Is there a way to force the installation?  Your feedback is appreciated.

Thank you,

Rashawn Knapp

0 Kudos
1 Solution
TimP
Honored Contributor III

Yes, you simply accept the unsupported installation and continue.  "unsupported" simply means that full testing has not been carried out on CentOS.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
TimP
Honored Contributor III

Yes, you simply accept the unsupported installation and continue.  "unsupported" simply means that full testing has not been carried out on CentOS.

0 Kudos
Rashawn_K_Intel1
Employee

Tim,

Thank you.  That is exactly what I did.

Rashawn

0 Kudos
KitturGanesh
Employee

Hi Rashawn,
I've filed a feature request to the install team to ensure the detection is correctly made as it's a bug.  Note that the list of supported OSes is a pre-built list so it can be a problem of incorrect detection of OS version. You are correct CentOS 7 is basically same as RHEL 7, so you can proceed with the installation since this prerequisite is an optional warning so skipping and installing is perfectly fine like stated earlier by Tim.
_Kittur

0 Kudos
Rashawn_K_Intel1
Employee

Kittur,

Thank you for your response and taking the time to file a feature request.  I did end up doing exactly what Tim said to do which was successful. I am happy with the result.

Regards,

Rashawn

0 Kudos
KitturGanesh
Employee

Great, thanks for letting us know, Rashawn. Glad you could work through this warning...

_Regards,
Kittur 

0 Kudos