Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7957 Discussions

Eclipse IDE for projects created with previous version of intel compiler

marcsolal
Beginner

I have several projects created with Eclipse IDE which were using the Intel C++ compiler version 2019.  I installed the new oneapi base kit and HPC kit with support of linux. It looks this worked correctly since I can create new projects using the new compilers. When I try to compile my old project with the new compiler I get this error:

Errors occurred during the build.
Errors running builder 'CDT Builder' on project 'femcascade.2022'.
Cannot invoke "org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.core.IOutputType.getOutputExtensions(org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.core.ITool)" because "outType" is null

It is not really clear, but when I try to check the compiler setting this is what I get:

Orphaned configuration. No base extension cfg exists for intel.config.composerxe.exe.release.1560717492

So, my understanding is that eclipse is looking for the previous intel compiler. Is there a way to fix that?

Thanks,

Marc

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Subarnarek_G_Intel

What is the older version of Eclipse that you are using?

0 Kudos
Subarnarek_G_Intel

Unfortunately, transfer settings is not support in eclipse when switching toolchain. It is the limitation of Eclipse.

0 Kudos
Subarnarek_G_Intel

This issue has been resolved and we will no longer respond to this thread. If you require additional assistance from Intel, please start a new thread. Any further interaction in this thread will be considered community only

0 Kudos