Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

Eclipse IDE

srinivasu
Beginner

Hi,

I came to know that there is Intel® C++ Compiler with the Eclipse* IDE for Linux. Is there any Eclipse IDE for Windows XP/7? If so please provide the link for how to use this.

One more query is that whether this Eclipse IDE supports AVX or not and which version of Visual Studio supports AVX/AVX2/AVX-512.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Bernard
Valued Contributor I

It seems that Eclipse uses MinGW for compiling C++ programs on Win platform.

http://www.dcs.vein.hu/bertok/oktatas/cpp_by_eclipse/eclipse_for_cpp_on_windows.html

Now regarding AVX instruction support in MinGW please read the following article on StackOverflow.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/13737332/mfpmath-option-to-mingw-or-even-gcc

0 Kudos
JenniferJ

For the Intel C++ Compiler for Windows, we do not support Eclipse. The Intel C++ compiler for Windows relies on the Visual Studio header and libraries, so it is integrated into VS IDE.

Well the Intel C++ Compiler for Android on Windows host, it is integrated into Eclipse. This is for the Android targeting only.

Thanks,

Jennifer

0 Kudos
srinivasu
Beginner

Thank you. Looking for more info about

1.If Eclipse supported in Linux, can we build and execute AVX/AVX-2/AVX-512 registers usage assembly YASM syntax programming in the AVX/AVX2/AVX-512 supported architectures?

2 If latest Intel C++ compiler embedded in Visual Studio 2010, is it supports AVX/AVX2/AVX-512 (YASM assembler syntax) programming, If not which version of VS supports this?

Our main intention is that we require development platform(GUI either in windows/ Linux 64 bit OS) to write and execute AVX/AVX2 YASM syntax assembly programming in supported architectures.

0 Kudos
Bernard
Valued Contributor I

>>>1.If Eclipse supported in Linux, can we build and execute AVX/AVX-2/AVX-512 registers usage assembly YASM syntax programming in the AVX/AVX2/AVX-512 supported architectures?>>>

It depends on YASM assembler.

0 Kudos
srinivasu
Beginner

Hi,

I need more clarification about

>>>>If latest Intel C++ compiler embedded in Visual Studio 2010, is it supports AVX/AVX2/AVX-512 (YASM assembler syntax) programming, >>>>If not which version of VS supports this?

I came to know from this link http://software.intel.com/en-us/c-compilers/ is that the AVX/AVX2 support is there in the latest Intel C++ compiler. Is this compiler generate code for AVX/AVX2 in the VS 2008/2010 environment?

anyway YASM version 1.2.0 supports AVX2 and will be useful for assembly programming as Assembler.    

0 Kudos
JenniferJ

No matter you're using VS2008 or VS2010, the AVX/AVX2 support is in the Intel C++ compiler 14.0. You just need to use the specific option flags like /QxAVX or /QxCORE-AVX2, or /QaxCORE-AVX2 etc. From cmd line, type "icl /? codegen" to see all the processor specific options.

See this processor targeting article for details. You can find samples with "AVX" or "AVX2" enabled at the Intel C++ Sample reporsitary

Jennifer

0 Kudos
Edgard_F_
Beginner

I see these posts are very old. Any update on the availability of eclipse plug-in for a windows 7 install? It would be extremely helpful given the problems with the recent 2017 release of Visual Studio.

thanks!

0 Kudos