Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7944 Discussions

Error: A license for BetaSTMCCompL could not be obtained.

Joshi__Arpit
Beginner

Hi,

I have installed Intel® C++ Composer XE 2013 for Linux and Intel® C++ STM Compiler Prototype Edition 4.0 with a non-commercial/student license. When I try to compile using icc, I get the following error. Can anyone help me resolving the license issues?

=============================================

(COMPILE)  build/library/common/debug.c

Error: A license for BetaSTMCCompL could not be obtained.

Your license has expired.

License file(s) used were (in this order):
    1.  Trusted Storage
    2.  /home/arpit/intel/licenses
    3.  /opt/intel/licenses/l_780096982_CMR4LJM9.lic
    4.  /opt/intel/licenses/l_CMR4LJM9.lic
    5.  /intel/licenses
    6.  /Users/Shared/Library/Application Support/Intel/Licenses
    7.  /home/arpit/intel/bin/intel64/l_cpp_32e_cd.lic

Please visit http://www.intel.com/software/products to obtain license renewal information.

icc: error #10052: could not checkout FLEXlm license
scons: *** [build/library/common/debug.o] Error 1
scons: building terminated because of errors.

=============================================

I have already checked the archived forums for Intel® C++ STM Compiler Prototype Edition but did not find any solution.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Hubert_H_Intel
Employee

The C++ STM Compiler is no longer maintained. The beta license that is required to run this compiler has expired. Would you still like to evaluate the STM Compiler? It might be possible to create an active license. Please advise.

Hubert.

0 Kudos
Joshi__Arpit
Beginner

I would like to evaluate STM compiler. It will be really helpful if you can create an active license for it.

Thanks,

Arpit

0 Kudos
Joshi__Arpit
Beginner

Hi Hubert,

Will it be possible to create an active license? Kindly let me know.

Thanks,

Arpit

0 Kudos
Hubert_H_Intel
Employee

Arpit,

I'm sorry, there is no longer any maintenance or development on the STM compiler project and I cannot re-create a valid license for it. But we do support TSX  _xbegin(…)    / _xend () /  _xabort( ) intrinsic functions for Restricted Transaction Memory in Haswell. You can use 14.0 and 15.0 beta compilers to try them out.

Actually we have just started the Intel® Composer XE 2015 Beta Program. Please feel free to register and join Beta: http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-software-development-tools-2015-beta

Regards, Hubert.

0 Kudos