Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7957 Discussions

Error Message: Warning: bad source correlation found - Intel Debugger (idb)

malin1
Beginner

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am getting the following error message when I try to load c++ executable for the intel debugger (idb). (I am using template based c++ code for my work)

Warning: bad source correlation found. Further instances ignored.)

I would really appreciate if you could kindly let me know how to rectify this error please.

Best Regards

Malin

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Intel_C_Intel
Employee
This is a known problem with compiler debug emissions and will be fixed in a future release of the compilers.
The debugger still does the best job it can with the information supplied by the compilers. In general, the user rarely experiences anomalous debugger behavior. In those exeptional cases, the only impact is a potential inability to view the source for a specific address the process is stopped at; and /or the inability to set a breakpoint at a specific address using the corresponding source line number.
Please let us know if you encounter such an anomalous case and need a workaround until this is fixed.
Thanks,
-- G

0 Kudos
malin1
Beginner
Thanks for this information. I get this error when I try to use blitz++ library http://www.oonumerics.org/blitz/. I do not get this error when I just compile code which does not use blitz++. Is this problem associated with templates? What are the known causes and temporary fixes (if any available) ?
0 Kudos
Intel_C_Intel
Employee

You're welcome.

The problem isn't specific to templates and there are no known workarounds for the underlying issue of the errent compiler debug emissions.

However, if you're experiencing related problems with debugging, I can probably suggest workarounds specific to those problems.

In your particular case, unless you're attempting to debug the library code itself at the source level, you shouldn't experience anything anomalous.

-- G

0 Kudos