Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7956 Discussions

Error installing C++ Compiler 10.1 with VS2005

postaquestion
Beginner

Previously I have installed Intel Visual Fortran 10.1 Pro Edition for Windows and Microsoft Visual Studio 2005, and tested them OK. Now I am trying to install Intel C++ Compiler 10.1 Pro Edition for Windows. I selected options to install for IA-32, I 64, and the Visual Studio Integrator (?). The first two installed OK but the last gave an error message that it could not find Visual Studio on my system, and to consult the release notes. I cannot find anything helpful in the release notes. Please advise me how to overcome this problem.

The install of Visual Studio was done as part of the installation of IVF, using defaults for all options. The shortcut shows the following path:
"C:Program FilesMicrosoft Visual Studio 8Common7IDEdevenv.exe"

I should add that Fortran is my main language, and I am only interested to use the C Compiler to build a mixed-language DLL from a C file which will be used with a larger Fortran build. Since I am building the Fortran code in Visual Studio, it seems obvious that I need to do the same with the C/DLL.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JenniferJ

The VS2005 from IVF is a shell that does not have the interface for any tool to integration. So the Intel C++ Compiler Integration will not install. You need to get VS2005 standard or above. The VS2005 Express edition does not have the interface as well.

0 Kudos