Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7956 Discussions

Error intalling Visual Studio 2008 Integration

alienskinsoftware
Hi, I was wondering if anyone has a suggestions to get the Intel compiler installed correctly on my machine? When I tried to install a update of the Intel compiler several versions ago, I got an error with the installation of the integration into Visual Studio that broke the compiler. Since then, even the most most recent version gives me the same error during intallation:

Unable to install the integration into Visual Studio. Failure in "C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Intel\\Compiler\\11.1\\067\\VS Integration\\C++\\VS2008\\integrate.bat" "C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\\"

I tried uninstalling all of my previous version of the Intel compiler, and Visual Studio. Then I reinstalled VS 2008 and the Intel compiler and still get the same error.

Thanks for any suggestions!
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Brandon_H_Intel
Employee
Hi,

Just to sum up from that thread that Jennifer linked, make sure your PATH environment variable setting is correct and contains the path to regsvr32.exe. For me, this is in c:\windows\system32.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JenniferJ
Please check this thread - http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/showthread.php?t=77297to see if it solves your issue.

Jennifer
0 Kudos
Brandon_H_Intel
Employee
Hi,

Just to sum up from that thread that Jennifer linked, make sure your PATH environment variable setting is correct and contains the path to regsvr32.exe. For me, this is in c:\windows\system32.
0 Kudos
alienskinsoftware
Yes, this did the trick. My PATH environment variable did not include c:\windows\system32

Thanks!
0 Kudos