Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7944 Discussions

Error: "icProjConvert110.exe" is not found; in VS2008, under Vista x64

user20090419
Beginner
I just installed Intel C++ compiler, version 11.0, under Vista x64, with Visual Studio 2008, SP 1, all being trial versions.

When I select { 'Use Intel C++' } under 'Project' in VS and then Confirm, an Error window pops up saying

"The command line utility "icProjConvert110.exe" is not found."

I verified that this program is there ( under Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Intel\shared files\ia32\Bin ), so hopefully I just need to change the path, but I don't know where or how to do that.

Thanks in advance for your help
0 Kudos
3 Replies
JenniferJ
Quoting - user20090419
I verified that this program is there ( under Program Files (x86)Common FilesIntelshared filesia32Bin ), so hopefully I just need to change the path, but I don't know where or how to do that.

In VS, open "Tools -> Options", select "Intel C++", then select "Compilers",
then on the righ side page, check "Executables" field, it should contain "$(CommonProgramFiles)IntelShared FilesIa32Bin". In your case it's probably missing. So just attaching to the end.
0 Kudos
user20090419
Beginner
In VS, open "Tools -> Options", select "Intel C++", then select "Compilers",
then on the righ side page, check "Executables" field, it should contain "$(CommonProgramFiles)IntelShared FilesIa32Bin". In your case it's probably missing. So just attaching to the end.

There is a different error now:

Intel C++ Compiler for IA-32 is not installed

I just installed the 64-bit compiler for VS 2008. This somehow fixed the first problem ( icProjConvert110.exe is not found ). I verified that the "Executables" field contains $(CommonProgramFiles)Intel etc. Now, I am able to select the Intel compiler via project, but when I try to compile with it, the system says "Compiler for IA-32 is not installed."
0 Kudos
JenniferJ
Quoting - user20090419
Now, I am able to select the Intel compiler via project, but when I try to compile with it, the system says "Compiler for IA-32 is not installed."
If you just installed the Intel-64 pkg, it does not contain the IA-32 compiler. Looks like you're building for IA32 platform.
Create a new config for x64 platform, and you should be able to compile.

To solve the IA32 compiler issue, do the following:
1. uninstall current Intel C++ Compiler from add/remove program
2. download/install the full pkg that includes ia32 and intel 64.
3. try again with your program.

Jennifer
0 Kudos