Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7956 Discussions

Error while building OpenFOAM with intel compilers!

psing51
New Contributor I

I was able to build openfoam 3.0.0 few day back ,
but today on recompiling  i am facing some issues , though i have requested help from openfoam team , but since intel compilers are involved here , so i am potting this issue here also .
from error log i was able o sense that the following line was causing error:

mpiicpc -std=c++0x -fp-trap=common -fp-model precise -Dlinux64 -DWM_ARCH_OPTION=64 -DWM_DP -DWM_LABEL_SIZE=32 -Wall -Wextra -Wnon-virtual-dtor -Wno-unused-parameter -Wno-invalid-offsetof -diag-disable 2304 -xHost -O2  -DNoRepository -I/home/cc/vfaculty/puneets.vfaculty/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-3.0.0/src/finiteVolume/lnInclude -I/home/cc/vfaculty/puneets.vfaculty/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-3.0.0/src/dynamicFvMesh/lnInclude -I/home/cc/vfaculty/puneets.vfaculty/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-3.0.0/src/dynamicMesh/lnInclude -I/home/cc/vfaculty/puneets.vfaculty/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-3.0.0/src/meshTools/lnInclude -IlnInclude -I. -I/home/cc/vfaculty/puneets.vfaculty/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-3.0.0/src/OpenFOAM/lnInclude -I/home/cc/vfaculty/puneets.vfaculty/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-3.0.0/src/OSspecific/POSIX/lnInclude   -fPIC -shared -Xlinker --add-needed -Xlinker --no-as-needed /home/cc/vfaculty/puneets.vfaculty/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-3.0.0/platforms/linux64IccDPInt32Opt/src/topoChangerFvMesh/topoChangerFvMesh/topoChangerFvMesh.o /home/cc/vfaculty/puneets.vfaculty/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-3.0.0/platforms/linux64IccDPInt32Opt/src/topoChangerFvMesh/rawTopoChangerFvMesh/rawTopoChangerFvMesh.o /home/cc/vfaculty/puneets.vfaculty/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-3.0.0/platforms/linux64IccDPInt32Opt/src/topoChangerFvMesh/movingConeTopoFvMesh/movingConeTopoFvMesh.o /home/cc/vfaculty/puneets.vfaculty/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-3.0.0/platforms/linux64IccDPInt32Opt/src/topoChangerFvMesh/topoChangerFvMesh/topoChangerFvMesh.o /home/cc/vfaculty/puneets.vfaculty/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-3.0.0/platforms/linux64IccDPInt32Opt/src/topoChangerFvMesh/rawTopoChangerFvMesh/rawTopoChangerFvMesh.o /home/cc/vfaculty/puneets.vfaculty/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-3.0.0/platforms/linux64IccDPInt32Opt/src/topoChangerFvMesh/movingConeTopoFvMesh/movingConeTopoFvMesh.o -L/home/cc/vfaculty/puneets.vfaculty/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-3.0.0/platforms/linux64IccDPInt32Opt/lib             -lfiniteVolume -ldynamicFvMesh -ldynamicMesh -lmeshTools  -o /home/cc/vfaculty/puneets.vfaculty/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-3.0.0/platforms/linux64IccDPInt32Opt/lib/libtopoChangerFvMesh.so

so i manually removed redundant files, & the following worked fine!

mpiicpc -std=c++0x -fp-trap=common -fp-model precise -Dlinux64 -DWM_ARCH_OPTION=64 -DWM_DP -DWM_LABEL_SIZE=32 -Wall -Wextra -Wnon-virtual-dtor -Wno-unused-parameter -Wno-invalid-offsetof -diag-disable 2304 -xHost -O2  -DNoRepository -I/home/cc/vfaculty/puneets.vfaculty/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-3.0.0/src/finiteVolume/lnInclude -I/home/cc/vfaculty/puneets.vfaculty/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-3.0.0/src/dynamicFvMesh/lnInclude -I/home/cc/vfaculty/puneets.vfaculty/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-3.0.0/src/dynamicMesh/lnInclude -I/home/cc/vfaculty/puneets.vfaculty/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-3.0.0/src/meshTools/lnInclude -IlnInclude -I. -I/home/cc/vfaculty/puneets.vfaculty/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-3.0.0/src/OpenFOAM/lnInclude -I/home/cc/vfaculty/puneets.vfaculty/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-3.0.0/src/OSspecific/POSIX/lnInclude   -fPIC -shared -Xlinker --add-needed -Xlinker --no-as-needed /home/cc/vfaculty/puneets.vfaculty/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-3.0.0/platforms/linux64IccDPInt32Opt/src/topoChangerFvMesh/topoChangerFvMesh/topoChangerFvMesh.o /home/cc/vfaculty/puneets.vfaculty/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-3.0.0/platforms/linux64IccDPInt32Opt/src/topoChangerFvMesh/rawTopoChangerFvMesh/rawTopoChangerFvMesh.o /home/cc/vfaculty/puneets.vfaculty/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-3.0.0/platforms/linux64IccDPInt32Opt/src/topoChangerFvMesh/movingConeTopoFvMesh/movingConeTopoFvMesh.o  -L/home/cc/vfaculty/puneets.vfaculty/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-3.0.0/platforms/linux64IccDPInt32Opt/lib             -lfiniteVolume -ldynamicFvMesh -ldynamicMesh -lmeshTools  -o /home/cc/vfaculty/puneets.vfaculty/OpenFOAM/OpenFOAM-3.0.0/platforms/linux64IccDPInt32Opt/lib/libtopoChangerFvMesh.so

What might be causing this ? is these a intel specific/generic compilation flag(s) which can ignore errors of these kind?
Any help/hint will be very useful!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
KitturGanesh
Employee

Hi Puneet,
Based on the error messages our developer says it doesn't appear to be an issue with the compiler per-se and a good idea to check with the openfoam team. Also, try compiling the same with GCC and see if you get similar errors which should confirm the premise as well.
_Kittur

0 Kudos
KitturGanesh
Employee

Hi Puneet, any update? Thanks.
_Kittur

0 Kudos