Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

Error with STDINT.h - Fatal Error C1083 (Visual Studio 2017 Update 4, Intel Compiler 18 Update 1)

Royi
Novice

Hello,

I have a project defined to be compiled with Intel Compiler.
When trying to compile it I get the following error:

C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\compilers_and_libraries_2018\windows\compiler\include\stdint.h(39): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: '../../vc/include/stdint.h': No such file or directory

I'm attaching a ZIP file with the project (Simple Photoshop Plug In from PS SDK).
This is a Visual Studio 2017 project which is in the path:

PS_SDK_2017\pluginsdk\samplecode\filter\PoorMansTypeTool\win

Edge case is that if one compile the project first with MS Compiler and then switch to Intel compiler it works.
Yet if one cleans the project and try building it with Intel one gets the error.

Screenshots:

System Information:

IDE - Visual Studio 2017 Update 4.
Compiler - Intel Compiler 18 Update 1

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JenniferJ

the problem is caused by the .r file. the .r file is built with "cl". if you build it with "icl", it builds ok. 

or add "-D__MS_VC_INSTALL_PATH="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Microsoft Visual Studio\\2017\\Professional\\VC\\Tools\\MSVC\\14.11.25503\\"" to the "cl" build commandline. 

Although it's still a bug when building a resource file .r file that the env isn't setup completely correct. This is very corner case that your .r file contains includes like "stdint.h". 

Jennifer 

0 Kudos
Royi
Novice

Jennifer,

First, thank you for taking the effort to answer.
We will try what you said and report back.

Thank You.

0 Kudos
Royi
Novice

@Jennifer,

What about the other error - https://i.imgur.com/KoFzhdr.png?
Many types are written as undefined.

Thank You.

0 Kudos