Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7942 Discussions

Errors with boost::log compilation on Linux

kwilk
Beginner
I am trying to compile Boost 1.40 with log library and icpc (v. 11.1 20090630) fails with the following error (among others that follow):

../../../libs/log/src/attribute_set.cpp(415): error: no operator "!=" matches these operands
operand types are: boost::log_st::basic_attribute_set::iter<'\000'> != boost::log_st::basic_attribute_set::iter<'\000'>
while (begin != end)
^
detected during instantiation

The same code compiles successfully on WinXP and with GCC (4.3.3) on the same linux machine.

You can find system information, OS specific bjam command line and logs of unsuccessful compilation of boost related to this problem in the attached files.

Could you advise on what to do to fix this issue?
0 Kudos
3 Replies
TimP
Honored Contributor III
It looks like a g++ template compatibility problem. Maybe an earlier version of g++ and/or a later version of icpc could help. I'm not volunteering to compare pre-processed source files, particularly if you're not.
0 Kudos
Brandon_H_Intel
Employee
Quoting - tim18
It looks like a g++ template compatibility problem. Maybe an earlier version of g++ and/or a later version of icpc could help. I'm not volunteering to compare pre-processed source files, particularly if you're not.

We believe we have a fix for this that we're working on validating now. I'll update the thread when a compiler package with the fix is available.
0 Kudos
Brandon_H_Intel
Employee
This compiler error has now been fixed in the 11.1.059 compiler now available.

0 Kudos