Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

Evaluation license "not valid"

Mathieu
Beginner
Hello

I downloaded the Intel C++ Compiler Professional Edition 11.1 for Linux for IA-64 (evaluation version) yesterday and was unable to install it.

More specifically:

- I installed the evaluation license that was sent to me by email (valid until mid-november)
- I launched the installer (./install.sh)
- I selected "Install as current user to limit access to user level"
- then "I want to evaluate my product or activate later"
- then "Install evaluation software using a license file"
- then "Provide the full path to the license file(s)"
- I provided the correct path to the license file

The installer says "The license file(s) you provided is not valid for this product."

Can you help?

Thanks
Mathieu
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Feilong_H_Intel
Employee
Hi Mathieu,

I found your s/n and license file with your email in our database. The license file looks fine. I just resent it to you. Please make sure you provide correct full path name of the license file in your system during installation. If you still see the problem, please try to provide error message, which may be helpful for our investigation.

Thanks,
Feilong
0 Kudos
Mathieu
Beginner
I downloaded the C++ compiler for another architecture (Intel 64) and could activate/install that one successfully with the license file. I no longer need to install the compiler on the ia64 machine.

Thanks for the help!

0 Kudos
Feilong_H_Intel
Employee
Quoting - Mathieu
I downloaded the C++ compiler for another architecture (Intel 64) and could activate/install that one successfully with the license file. I no longer need to install the compiler on the ia64 machine.

Thanks for the help!

Great. Thanks for your update.

Feilong
0 Kudos