Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

Exception in opencv_imgproc

Dieter_Lorenz
Beginner
I have compiled the OpenCV release 2.3 with the Intel C++ Compiler XE 12.0 without problems but when I run use opencv_imgproc.dll (e.g. with the test program opencv_test_imgproc.exe) I get an error in the following piece of code (filter.cpp line 2696):
intrtype=getKernelType(_rowKernel,
_rowKernel.rows==1?Point(_anchor.x,0):Point(0,_anchor.x));
Unbehandelte Ausnahme bei 0x0f83ebb4 (opencv_imgproc230d.dll) in opencv_test_imgprocd.exe: 0xC0000005: Zugriffsverletzung beim Schreiben an Position 0xcccccccc.
ecx=0CCCCCCCCh (sorry for the German text, it is anaccess violation at ...)
The same code runs with no errors if compiled with Microsoft's compiler (Visual Studio 2010) and the following code runs also with both compilers:
	intrtype;
	if(_rowKernel.rows==1)
		rtype=getKernelType(_rowKernel,Point(_anchor.x,0));
	else
		rtype=getKernelType(_rowKernel,Point(0,_anchor.x));
If I change this code it will crash at similar code pieces, so I have to change (and check) a lot of code. Is there any compiler switch I have to change?
Any idea is appreciated.
Best regards
Dieter
0 Kudos
3 Replies
JenniferJ

could you post your compile/link options here?
Or the build log files for the dll and the .exe.

thanks,
Jennifer

0 Kudos
Dieter_Lorenz
Beginner
Here are the compiler settings:
/I"C:/Program Files/Intel/ComposerXE-2011/tbb/include" /I"C:/Program Files/Intel/ComposerXE-2011/ipp/include" /I"C:/OpenCV2.3/opencv/." /I"C:/OpenCV2.3" /I"C:/OpenCV2.3/opencv/include" /I"C:/OpenCV2.3/opencv/include/opencv" /I"C:/OpenCV2.3/opencv/modules/imgproc/include" /I"C:/OpenCV2.3/opencv/modules/imgproc/src" /I"C:/OpenCV2.3/modules/imgproc" /I"C:/OpenCV2.3/opencv/modules/imgproc/../core/include" /I"C:/OpenCV2.3/opencv/modules/imgproc/test" /I"C:/OpenCV2.3/opencv/modules/imgproc/../imgproc/include" /I"C:/OpenCV2.3/opencv/modules/imgproc/../ts/include" /I"C:/OpenCV2.3/opencv/modules/imgproc/../highgui/include" /Zi /nologo /W4 /O2 /Ob2 /Oi /Qparallel /Quse-intel-optimized-headers /D "WIN32" /D "_WINDOWS" /D "_CRT_SECURE_NO_DEPRECATE" /D "_CRT_NONSTDC_NO_DEPRECATE" /D "_SCL_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS" /D "NDEBUG" /D "HAVE_IPP" /D "HAVE_CVCONFIG_H" /D "CMAKE_INTDIR="Release"" /D "CVAPI_EXPORTS" /D "_WINDLL" /D "_MBCS" /MD /GS /Gy /arch:SSE2 /fp:precise /Zc:wchar_t /Zc:forScope /GR /Yu"C:/OpenCV2.3/opencv/modules/imgproc/src/precomp.hpp" /Fp"opencv_imgproc.dir\Release\opencv_imgproc230.pch" /Fa"Release" /Fo"opencv_imgproc.dir\Release" /Fd"C:/OpenCV2.3/bin/Release/opencv_imgproc230.pdb" /Gd /TP /FI"C:/OpenCV2.3/opencv/modules/imgproc/src/precomp.hpp"
I have downloaded the source code and just switched from MS Visual C++ to Intel C++.
Thanks
Dieter
0 Kudos
Anoop_M_Intel
Employee
Hi Lorenz
This issue is fixed in Intel C++ Compiler 12.1 Update 7. You can downlad this latest version of C++ compiler from Intel registration center and try building the OpenCV2.3. Please get back to us if you face some issues.
Thanks and Regards
Anoop
0 Kudos