Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

Existing projects are not converting properly to VS2017

roger567
New Contributor I

I recently installed VS2017 and Intel XE 2017 and hoped that my existing projects (all Intel C++ 17) would work, but no such luck.

When I open a solution and select Properties for a project, it shows "There are no property pages for the selection".

When I try to change the project to use Visual C++, it says "Object reference not set to an instance of an object"

How can I repair the properties to work with the new version?

Many thanks

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JenniferJ

this is expected when you install VS2017 after installed Intel Parallel Studio XE 2017.

Please re-install Intel Parallel Studio XE 2017 and do "modify", it should install the IDE module for VS2017.

Jennifer

0 Kudos
roger567
New Contributor I

Hi Jennifer,

But I didn't!

I completely uninstalled VS and Intel XE and then reinstalled them in that order.

Reinstalling XE did not make a difference.

Also it has been working fine for new projects, so the IDE module may be working.

0 Kudos
JenniferJ

ok. Only the latest Intel Parallel Studio 2017 update 4 supports VS2017. make sure to use it.

See the ReleaseNotes for when the VS2017 supported is added

if this doesn't solve the issue, please report it to Intel Online Service Center

https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/how-to-create-a-support-request-at-online-service-center

Jennifer

0 Kudos
roger567
New Contributor I

Thanks Jennifer,

Yes, it is update 4, freshly downloaded last week.

I have submitted a support request.

0 Kudos