Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7956 Discussions

Failed dependency while running install.sh on x86_64 system

Chris_A_Intel
Employee
I am running install.sh for c++ 10.1.021on SLES10 SP2. I have installed all the dependencies listed on the README file but the install fails with this message:
error: Failed Dependencies: intel-isubhe101021 is needed by intel-icce101021-10.1.021.em64t

It says I can install with --nodeps but the issue will still need to be resolved before I can use it. Where do I get this dependency from?

Thanks!
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Kevin_D_Intel
Employee

Looks like you elected not to install the included pre-compiled headers the compiler requires.Try returning to the main menu and and selecting options to install both the pre-compiled headers and the compiler.
0 Kudos
Chris_A_Intel
Employee

Looks like you elected not to install the included pre-compiled headers the compiler requires.Try returning to the main menu and and selecting options to install both the pre-compiled headers and the compiler.

It looks like it's failing during the unpacking stage because it doesn't have permission to chown the directory on the NFS share...is there a way around this?
0 Kudos
Kevin_D_Intel
Employee

Not via the compiler's installer. Sounds like an NFS config/permission issue. Some options are mount your NFS with appropriate options to permit such modifications by the account your using to install with, orlog into the NFS host and install the compiler locally.
0 Kudos
Chris_A_Intel
Employee

Not via the compiler's installer. Sounds like an NFS config/permission issue. Some options are mount your NFS with appropriate options to permit such modifications by the account your using to install with, orlog into the NFS host and install the compiler locally.

The NFS host is 32bit unfortunately. On every other compiler I have been able to install 64bit apps by installing from a 64bit system onto the NFS share, but with the C++ installer it tries to run chown on a directory it doesn't have access to. Do you happen to know what NFS options I can alter to allow this install to work?
0 Kudos
Kevin_D_Intel
Employee

I won't profess NFS expertise, but I believe this is a /etc/exports setting on the host side. There are many export configuration combos available to restrict access to specific uids or systems, etc., but you might just temporarily export with broader access to complete the install and undo when your done. Then explore tighter sufficient export options geared for future installations later. If you're doing an install as root/sudo, then try exporting from the host using no_root_squash.
0 Kudos
Chris_A_Intel
Employee

I won't profess NFS expertise, but I believe this is a /etc/exports setting on the host side. There are many export configuration combos available to restrict access to specific uids or systems, etc., but you might just temporarily export with broader access to complete the install and undo when your done. Then explore tighter sufficient export options geared for future installations later. If you're doing an install as root/sudo, then try exporting from the host using no_root_squash.

Thanks for your help. I was able to complete the install by temporarily adding the "allow remote root to act as local root" option on the NFS server.
0 Kudos