Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

Failed to install in Windows 7

alienskinsoftware
I have a new Windows 7 system (64-bit) and I'm trying to install icc version 11.1.038 (w_cproc_p_11.1.038.exe) on it. Soon after running the installer, the dialog shows a message about "Reading existing licenses..." and then it seems to hang.

A chklic.exe process can be seen running and using up lots of CPU cycles, but nothing seems to happening.

Does anyone know what's wrong?

Thanks.
0 Kudos
1 Solution
5 Replies
TimP
Honored Contributor III
I have a new Windows 7 system (64-bit) and I'm trying to install icc version 11.1.038 (w_cproc_p_11.1.038.exe) on it. Soon after running the installer, the dialog shows a message about "Reading existing licenses..." and then it seems to hang.

Similar issue:?
http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/showthread.php?t=68393
0 Kudos
Yang_W_Intel
Employee

A chklic.exe process can be seen running and using up lots of CPU cycles, but nothing seems to happening.

Does anyone know what's wrong?

Thanks.

Thanks for reporting. I'll investigate the issue and let you know if there any updates.
0 Kudos
alienskinsoftware
Tim, the problem description in the other thread sounds very similar to the problem I'm encountering with icc.

Yang Wang, thanks.

0 Kudos
alienskinsoftware
Version 11.1.046 fixes the problem I reported. Thank you.
0 Kudos