Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7956 Discussions

Failed to integrate C++ Composer XE 2011 into MVS 2012 RC. Why?

dom_beau
Beginner
Hello!
I read that Microsoft VS 2012 is still not supported because it is in beta version but now I try to integrate (install) C++ Composer XE 2011 (latest version) to a freshly installed MS VS 2012 RC and I got the following message:
The Intel Composer XE requires that a MS dev prod be installed for integration... (I modified a little the message).
1) Why does this occurs?
2) What is the work around?
An answer to my second question would be sufficient!
Thanks a lot in advance for your kind help, regards,
Dominique Beauchamp
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
VS2012 is not yet released, and each new version of VS requires extensive changes to support it. Our usual policy is to support new VS versions in a major release as soon as practical after the retail release of the new VS. This support will not be in our "XE 2011" products.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
TimP
Honored Contributor III
It would take some time for the compiler team to adapt a future release of ICL so as to integrate into VS 2012. They may have a concern about possibility of VS changes between RC and release, as well as about completing the full range of testing.
ICL XE 2011 will likely continue to ignore VS 2012. There's a chance you can use command line to some extent by setting -Qlocation,link to point to the directory containing VS link.exe.
By the way, I don't think VS2012 is widely available. I haven't been able to get a version including the necessary CL and link.exe by my MSDN subscription.
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
VS2012 is not yet released, and each new version of VS requires extensive changes to support it. Our usual policy is to support new VS versions in a major release as soon as practical after the retail release of the new VS. This support will not be in our "XE 2011" products.
0 Kudos