Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7956 Discussions

Fatal compilation error: Out of memory

coolhelix
Beginner
Hi, guys,
When I build a project (Release|Win32) with Intel C++ compiler in VS 2008, at the link phase, it reports

6>Linking... (Intel C++ Environment)
6>Fatal compilation error: Out of memory asking for 2097160.
6>xilink: error #10014: problem during multi-file optimization compilation (code 1)
6>xilink: error #10014: problem during multi-file optimization compilation (code 1)

But debug version compile is fine.

Is there some easy way, which would not impact much code, to avoid it?

Compiler command line (optimization two, release version )

/c /O2 /Qipo /I "..\.." /I ".." /EHsc /MD /GS /fp:fast /Fo"Release/" /W4 /WX /nologo /Zi

Thanks.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
TimP
Honored Contributor III
Did you read the help file section on IPO for Large Programs ? Whether IPO is even suitable for a large program depends entirely on the characteristics of the program.
Evidently, a program becomes "large" sooner on 32-bit Windows, and when /Zi is set. You may have functions which should be built at /O1, but you're asking for guesses only you are in a position to make.
0 Kudos
coolhelix
Beginner
Quoting - tim18
Did you read the help file section on IPO for Large Programs ? Whether IPO is even suitable for a large program depends entirely on the characteristics of the program.
Evidently, a program becomes "large" sooner on 32-bit Windows, and when /Zi is set. You may have functions which should be built at /O1, but you're asking for guesses only you are in a position to make.

Thanks. I replace IPO with single file optimization, and build is fine now.
0 Kudos