Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

Fatal problem in linker 15.0.2 on OSX

meldaproduction
Beginner

Hi, I have a fatal error here - basically I can only compile in release mode with "-ipo" enabled on OSX. Otherwise (debug mode, no ipo...) the linker ends up with this:

0  0x10fd80b51  __assert_rtn + 144
1  0x10fde69fb  ld::tool::OutputFile::addressOf(ld::Internal const&, ld::Fixup const*, ld::Atom const**) + 155
2  0x10fde7faf  ld::tool::OutputFile::applyFixUps(ld::Internal&, unsigned long long, ld::Atom const*, unsigned char*) + 1663
3  0x10fded3a5  ld::tool::OutputFile::writeAtoms(ld::Internal&, unsigned char*) + 495
4  0x10fde5e4f  ld::tool::OutputFile::writeOutputFile(ld::Internal&) + 779
5  0x10fde0551  ld::tool::OutputFile::write(ld::Internal&) + 149
6  0x10fd8181a  main + 1028
A linker snapshot was created at:
/tmp/libMeldaProductionAudioPluginKernel.dylib-2015-03-29-164621.ld-snapshot
ld: Assertion failed: (_mode == modeFinalAddress), function finalAddress, file /SourceCache/ld64/ld64-241.9/src/ld/ld.hpp, line 731.

For the record, the project is huge, so I'm assuming it has some problem with its size... but with LLVM it works just fine, also MSVC & Intel works fine with the same project on Windows. The ICPC version is "15.0.2 20150121". Please help asap.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
meldaproduction
Beginner

And it does that with the newest version as well...oh...this is a really buggy compiler...

0 Kudos
Feilong_H_Intel
Employee

Hi meldaproduction,

Thanks for your problem report.

I haven't seen this error before.  Tried Google search but not luck.  It would be great if I could reproduce it on my machine.  Otherwise, it's hard to investigate.  Given that creating a small test case is probably difficult, could you share the entire project with me?  I'm sorry to ask you to do that.  If you need my email for sharing the code, please send me a private message.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
meldaproduction
Beginner

Hi, I know it's going to be hard to solve, but I'm afraid sharing the source codes is just out of question. Well, it works fine with 64-bit OSX ICC, so I'll just use LLVM for 32-bit...

0 Kudos