Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7956 Discussions

FileTracker : error FTK1011: could not create the new file tracking log file

Bernhard_B_
Novice
Hello,
i'm getting "FileTracker : error FTK1011: could not create the new file tracking log file: ...\\icl-mcpcom.read.1.tlog. Die Datei ist vorhanden." since Update 6. Everything is fine with Update 5. I'm getting the error on Windows XP (SP3) and Windows 7 (SP1) with Visual Studio 2010. Disabling the /MP switch seems to fix the problem. Is there a fix for the problem without disabling multiprocessor compilation? Updating to Update 7 doesn't fix the problem.
Regards,
Bernhard
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Alexander_W_Intel
Bernhard,
did you try to search the file and delete it? Maybe it was created with wrong access rights(i.e. owned by another user) and could not be overwritten by the compiler.
Alex
0 Kudos
Bernhard_B_
Novice
i tried it with a clean build directory and the error is the same. The error message appears after random files and not on one specific.
0 Kudos
Daniel_D
Beginner
Same problems here - but they the problem does not appear each time I build to soulution. Once I getit, the next build succeed (in most cases - not always;( )
0 Kudos
Elroy_A_Intel
Employee
Here is another workaroundto the compilation errors experienced with Update 6 and 7:

Disabling the FileTracker option for the projects under the folders in the \src folder

To disable FileTracker on project level you need to set TrackFileAccess property to false in all *.vcxproj files:

{9592E668-4D58-4B32-8D5F-79CFB912CC41}

Win32Proj

false

Add the bolded lines to the PropertyGroup.

With this workaround, the error associated with the *.tlog file creation is not triggered.

0 Kudos
Bernhard_B_
Novice
That option fixes the problem, but has the negativ side effect that the project is rebuild if a single file is changed.
0 Kudos
Elroy_A_Intel
Employee
0 Kudos