Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7956 Discussions

FlexLM Floating License Activation over VPN

jase439
Beginner

I have a question concerning the FLEX licensing manager.

A client of mine has recently purchased and installed a floating license for C++ Parallel Studio XE Composer 2018 for Windows. The license will activate fine on a computer operating inside the local LAN on the same subnet as the FlexLM server. However, activation consistently fails when trying to activate the license on a remote client PC that is connected to the LAN over a VPN (and consequently resides on a different subnet than the FlexLM server). Is there a whitepaper that discusses this activation scenario that I can refer them to?

Thank you.

Jason

0 Kudos
1 Reply
jase439
Beginner

I received the answer through priority product support. I will post the answer here for anyone who might experience this issue in the future.

You can install the license (.lic) file locally and then set INTEL_NO_CONNECTION_CHECK=1 in the system environment to prevent the license manager from trying to contact the FlexLM server. More information can be found here:

https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-software-license-manager-release-notes

0 Kudos