Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7944 Discussions

FlexLM setup - download and configuration

Robert_O_brien1
Beginner
This is probably not the correct forum, but hopefully admins will move it as necessary.

Our C++ and VTune fixed user licences expire next week (26 May). I have new floating licences to install, so I need to set up a FlexLM server. Trying to search for one on Intel sites, leads to a dead end https://registrationcenter.intel.com/RegCenter/Download.aspx?productid=633

Where can I download FlexLM server?
Is there a cost for this, in addition to C++ user licence?
What platforms is it supported on? We are using Red Hat Linux, Solaris, Solaris x86 in our development environment.
Where is installation documentation for FlexLM?

Thanks in advance.
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Hubert_H_Intel
Employee
Robert,
Yes, this is not the right forum. It will be moved to the 'Download, Licensing and Registration' forum. But for now, let me answer your request with the next communication thread.
Regards, Hubert.
0 Kudos
Hubert_H_Intel
Employee
Robert,

The link you provided should work, but try an alternative link for downloading theIntel License Manager for FLEXlm* version 2.0:
https://registrationcenter.intel.com/RegCenter/Download.aspx?productid=1582
Choose the right platform. We support Linux*, Window*, Mac OS* X. Solaris is no longer available. The user guide is available for download too from the same page.
There is no additional cost for the license manager. A floating license includes the license manger.

Please don't hesitate to follow up if you need more help.
Regards, Hubert.
0 Kudos
Robert_O_brien1
Beginner
I'm getting same error when I try this URL
We are unable to find registrations/downloads matching this request

When I register the VTune serial number, I'm being prompted for hostname and host ID. This is the ID of the FlexLM.
0 Kudos
levicki
Valued Contributor I
If I am not mistaken that should be the hostname (or IP address) and host ID (most likely MAC address) of the machine where the FlexLM service and the license file will be installed.

Your license file will be created based on that information and will be valid only if hosted on that particular machine so be carefull not to make a mistake.

Regarding where to download the FlexLM setup I have no idea, sorry.

0 Kudos
Robert_O_brien1
Beginner
Thanks Hubert, Igor.
I have downloaded the FlexLM software after registering VTune key. I was expecting a separate download or evaluation download.
I have installed the VTune and C++ composer licences on our server and pointed secondard build box at this FlexLM server and done some basic checks on the licences and it appears to be working as expected.
I did see notes in FlexLM admin guide for some redundancy in FlexLM hosting, which I will need to investigate further.
0 Kudos
levicki
Valued Contributor I
You are welcome.

Redundancy is usually accomplished by having 3 FlexLM servers installed on 3 different servers and having their host IDs added to the license file through the license management. If you did not have an option to enter up to 3 host IDs when you initially created the license file, then perhaps it can be done by rehosting the license.

Bear in mind that such a feature also may not be supported because many vendors use FlexLM and not everyone allows all of its features to be used. Finally, some vendors may allow only a limited number of rehostings so use those with care.
0 Kudos