Intel® C++ Compiler
Support and discussions for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
Announcements
The Intel sign-in experience is changing in February to support enhanced security controls. If you sign in, click here for more information.

Free Intel MS Windows x86 Compiler

fungo9
Beginner
Is there a free Intel command line non-commercial-use compiler for MS Windows x86. If there is, then I should be able to plug it into Eclipse and get a development environment that is superior to MS VC++ Express.
I know that Intel released their Linux compiler for free, but that doesn't do me much good since I want to host my compiler in MS Windows. Right now, I am attempting to setup cygwin G++ for Eclipse under MS Windows, but I would prefer to use the native Intel compiler if possible instead of using a cygwin port of gcc.
0 Kudos
1 Solution
TimP
Black Belt
g++ may be your best choice. ICL doesn't run outside the Microsoft framework. Even on command line, it requires the Microsoft library; VS Express will get you basic 32-bit functionality.
You play fast and loose with your wording about licensing, but you're right, there is no non-commercial Intel C++ Windows license. You would have to spend some time reading Microsoft licenses to see whether they would forbid your integration of VS Express + ICL 30-day trial into Eclipse. Good luck.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
TimP
Black Belt
g++ may be your best choice. ICL doesn't run outside the Microsoft framework. Even on command line, it requires the Microsoft library; VS Express will get you basic 32-bit functionality.
You play fast and loose with your wording about licensing, but you're right, there is no non-commercial Intel C++ Windows license. You would have to spend some time reading Microsoft licenses to see whether they would forbid your integration of VS Express + ICL 30-day trial into Eclipse. Good luck.
fungo9
Beginner
MinGW/GDB is now working for me under the Eclipse Graphical Front End.
"If" I ever need GUI, I will probably use QT since it is pretty easy to comply with the LGPL license.