Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

GCC "-Wnon-virtual-dtor" side effect on ICC "#2304 non-explicit single arg ctor"

olzhas_r_
New Contributor I
struct A { A(int a) {} };

Running with GCC's "-Wnon-virtual-dtor" triggers ICC #2304 warning about non-explicit single arg ctor (probably from "Weffc++").

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Judith_W_Intel
Employee

I can reproduce this problem in 16.0 but it looks like this is fixed in our latest release (17.0).

The problem was previously reported in our internal tracking system as DPD200361597 which corresponds to Quad number Q6000068444.

As a workaround you can disable the diagnostic with the option -diag-disable:2304.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Judy

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Judith_W_Intel
Employee

I can reproduce this problem in 16.0 but it looks like this is fixed in our latest release (17.0).

The problem was previously reported in our internal tracking system as DPD200361597 which corresponds to Quad number Q6000068444.

As a workaround you can disable the diagnostic with the option -diag-disable:2304.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Judy

0 Kudos
olzhas_r_
New Contributor I
Thanks Judy! Is there a place (bug-tracker) to lookup already reported bugs for the compiler versions? (to avoid duplications in future)
0 Kudos
Judith_W_Intel
Employee

Sorry but we don't allow external users to access our bug tracking database (for privacy/confidentiality reasons).

0 Kudos
olzhas_r_
New Contributor I

This is fixed in icc 17.

Thanks!

0 Kudos