Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

General OS X release gripes

northernlights
Beginner
For the OS X release I would like to see the documentation and samples written as though the user were working in XCode not the Terminal shell of your choice. Right now there is too much guesswork to figure out how a particular setting or switch corresponds to the XCode target settings. Furthermore, having XCode project files for the samples would help in this regard.

Also, the status bar at the bottom of XCode windows shows the current file being compiled by ICC and I can't see how many files it has left. Knowing which file its compiling isn't terribly useful, IMHO whereas knowing that it's got 300 more files to compile lets me know that I can go eat lunch. Sure the pie-chart icon works but I prefer a number.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Dale_S_Intel
Employee
>I would like to see the documentation and samples written as though the user were working in XCode

That's helpful feedback, I will relay it to our Documentation folks.

>Knowing which file its compiling isn't terribly useful, IMHO whereas knowing that it's got 300 more files to compile lets me know that I can go eat lunch

I agree completely. Unfortunately, my understanding is thta this is controlled by XCode, not by the compiler or the compiler plugin. If you could raise this issue with Apple, that'd be great.

Dale
0 Kudos