Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

Getting hold of Parallel Studio for OpenSource

DPart1
Beginner

I'm one the main developers of an Open Source project (DeepSkyStacker) <https://github.com/deepskystacker/DSS>

We currently run code with OpenMP and built on Windows using MSVC but are seriously looking at TBB and Parallel Studio using the Intel Compiler as we want to support MacOS and Linux as well as Windows.

I went to download Parallel Studio for OpenSource projects and found that I was only offered the Linux variant - how can we get hold of the Windows and MacOS version as well please?

Many thanks

David Partridge

0 Kudos
10 Replies
RahulV_intel

Hi David,

We will inform the concerned team about this issue and we will get back to you at the earliest.

--Rahul

0 Kudos
Viet_H_Intel

Currently we only offer for Linux. Can you try out a free version for 30 days and get back to us after that. We will try to figure out what else we can do for you.  

0 Kudos
DPart1
Beginner

I'd love to but the only version that makes sense for us right now is the Windows version as that is the platform hosting the current code for the project.   We can't just take that code over to Linux/MacOS as it stands - we'll need to remove all the MFC stuff and migrate to (e.g.) Qt or similar for the GUI and find alternatives to the CString class (for example).

If we can be sure that all the developers can get hold of Intel Parallel Studio with all the TBB and Integrated Performance Primitives etc.. then we can migrate to that as our common cross platform build environment and migrate the heavy weight data manipulation into valarrays and/or other TBB approaches while we also port the OpSys code to the other platforms we wish to target (MacOS and Linux).

Regards, David

0 Kudos
Viet_H_Intel

Hi David,

We are going to use your email you provided on this thread to send you a license file. Thanks, 

0 Kudos
DPart1
Beginner

Hi there again,  You said you were going to supply me a license file, but I haven't received anything.

Can I confirm that I will be able to share the license with my co-developers, or will I need to get extra ones for the other members of the team

Thanks
David

0 Kudos
Viet_H_Intel

Sorry, let me check why the license hasn't been issue to you. How many are on your team? Because each co-developer will need a license, no sharing as these are registered to a single named-user. 

0 Kudos
Viet_H_Intel

Hi David,

You will be receiving an email from us. Please register it and let us know if you have any other issues.

0 Kudos
DPart1
Beginner

Nine total developers registered on GitHub right now.  Some are not currently active.  Do you need full names etc.  Or do I distribute the licenses and they enter their details?

Very many thanks

David

0 Kudos
Viet_H_Intel

Can you send a mail to software_tools_request@intel.com? Indicate you are working on a Windows open source project and request the tools, include Developer's names and emails. Thanks

0 Kudos
Viet_H_Intel

We will no longer monitor this thread, please post a new thread if you have any other issues.

Thanks,

0 Kudos