Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7957 Discussions

Help Regarding Compiler Error. internal error: 0_905

zuliani
Beginner
Dear all,

I am trying to compile the filejcdctmgr.c from LibJPEG shipped with FreeImage v 3.14.1 on Windows 7 64 bit using the intel compiler which comes withComposerXE-2011

I attach both the source code for the file as well as the response file I utilize to set the compiler options.
By right clicking on LibJPEG\\Source files\\jcdctmgr.c and selecting Compilethis is the result that I get:

1>------ Rebuild All started: Project: LibJPEG, Configuration: Release x64 ------
1>Compiling with Intel C++ Compiler XE 12.0.0.104 [Intel 64]... (Intel C++ Environment)
1>icl: warning #10314: argument files read in use different UTF formats
1>icl: command line warning #10120: overriding '/O2' with '/O3'
1>jcdctmgr.c
1>(0): internal error: 0_905
1>
1>compilation aborted for jcdctmgr.c (code 4)
1>Build log was saved at "file://XXX\\FreeImage\\Source\\LibJPEG\\x64\\Release\\BuildLog.htm"
1>LibJPEG - 1 error(s), 4 warning(s), 0 remark(s)
========== Rebuild All: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 skipped ==========

where XXX has been edited but it is just a normal path.

I wouldappreciateany feedback that will help me in solving this problem.

With kind reagards,
Marco
0 Kudos
1 Reply
zuliani
Beginner
UPDATE:
Apparently the problem is due to theprocessor-specific auto-dispatch option. Specifically the support forAVX, SSE4.2, SSE4.1 and SSSE3 seems to create problems. If I replace the line:

/QaxAVX,SSE4.2,SSE4.1,SSSE3,SSE3,SSE2
with the line:
/QaxSSE3,SSE2
in the response file, the code seems to compile fine (in the sense that the compiler does not spit out mysterious error messages). At this point I still do not know if the code generated is reliable.
Marco
0 Kudos