Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7944 Discussions

Help required with Intel C++ compiler for code coverage

mail2prasad
Beginner
Hi,
I am using Intel C++ compiler 9.0 with MS Visual Studio .NET on Windows to collect code coverage.I have observed somestrange problem.

When I view uncovered functions in the coverage report, I am able to see functions like FBuff::vector deleting destructor, FArray::vector deleting destructor shown as not covered. These do not map to any part of our code within that particular file.
I am not sure how did these get in (maybe these are optimised code generated by compiler).

Has anyone faced this problem. If there is asolution / workaround, can you please share the same?
I am not sure ifit is a problem in our source code or is it a limitation in C++ compiler or is it something to do with Visual Studio or is it a problem in the way coverage is being collected?
Can someone please help me in this regard.
Thanks in advance,
Prasad

Message Edited by mail2prasad@yahoo.com on 03-21-200607:18 AM

Message Edited by mail2prasad@yahoo.com on 03-21-200607:18 AM

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Mohammad_H_Intel
Employee

Prasad,

When you move your cursor over the function name in the helper frame, it should tell you the line number at which the function is defined, and when you click on it, it should take you to that particular line in the source view. Where do these take you? What is the code at that line?

- moh

Message Edited by mhaghigh on 03-27-200611:00 AM

0 Kudos
Sergey_Savukov__Inte
Prasad, have you used codecov option "-comp"? If you'd like to see your code only, it might be a solution of your problem.
0 Kudos