Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

How could I disable in a source file a Warning 673

SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II

How could I disable in a source filea Warning 673:

Warning #673: the initial sequence of preprocessing directives is not compatible with those of precompiled header file "Debug\\.pchi"

The same question is for Intel C++ compilerremarks...

Best regards,
Sergey

0 Kudos
16 Replies
Judith_W_Intel
Employee

Not sure what version of the compiler or whether you are on Linux but the normal diagnostic disabling switch works for me.

sptxl8-403> icc -pch-use t.pch -c t.c
Warning #671: header files used to generate precompiled header file "t.pch" have changed

sptxl8-404> icc -pch-use t.pch -c -diag-disable 672 t.c
sptxl8-405>

0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
Judith, did you read my post carefully?

>>...How could I disable in a source filea Warning 673

Iunderlined that I want to disable that warning in a source file. It means, I can't disable that warning
with a #pragma warning ( disable : 673 ) directive, but I can disable it in a Visual Studio 2005 project.

IDE: Visual Studio 2005 SP1
C++ compiler: Intel C++Composer XE 2011 Update 9

I'll do another set of tests next week and I'll keep you informed.
0 Kudos
Feilong_H_Intel
Employee
Hi Sergey,

I did a quick experiment. I successfully disabled warning #1079 "return type of function `main` must be `int`"with #pragma warning(disable:1079). Could you please upload your test case, so that Judy and I could reproduce this problem?

Thanks,
Feilong
0 Kudos
Judith_W_Intel
Employee

ok, I think I understand what the problem is now. Sorry for not reading your original post carefully enough.

The #pragma warning ( disable : 673 ) is itself considered a preprocessing directive.

So if you add it (to either the source or header file) AFTER the preprocessed file has been created then
it will itself cause a the warning to be emitted (and the warning will be emitted when the preprocessing directive
is initiallyparsed so the warning has not yet been disabled).

So what I would suggest is you put the #pragma warning (disable: 673) at the top of the header file that you
are precompiling and/or at the top of the source filebefore you actually create the precompiled header. This seemed to solve the problem for me.

Judy
0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
Hi everybody,

Quoting Judith Ward (Intel)
The #pragma warning ( disable : 673 ) is itself considered a preprocessing directive.

So if you add it (to either the source or header file) AFTER the preprocessed file has been created then
it will itself cause a the warning to be emitted (and the warning will be emitted when the preprocessing directive is initiallyparsed so the warning has not yet been disabled).

[SergeyK] Thank you. I didn't know this.

So what I would suggest is you put the #pragma warning (disable: 673) at the top of the header file that
you are precompiling and/or at the top of the source filebefore you actually create the precompiled
header. This seemed to solve the problem for me.

[SergeyK] This is exactlywhat I've done and unfortunatelyit doesn't work.I'm simply overwhelmed
by a set of different issues but I will be able to continue attempts to solve it next week.

Best regards,
Sergey
0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
Could you please upload your test case, so that Judy and I could reproduce this problem?

Hi Feilong,

I'm currently integrating Intel C++ compiler with some project and I have lots of different issues similar to
'Warning 673' and because of this I'm unable to create a test case. Sorry about this and I'll keep you informed on my progress.

In overall, integration with the projectgoes well and Intel C++ compiler is the 5th supported compiler:

Microsoft C++ compiler - Done
MinGW C++ compiler - Done
Borland C++ compiler - Done
Turbo C++ compiler - Done
Intel C++ compiler - In progress

Best regards,
Sergey

0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
...So what I would suggest is you put the #pragma warning (disable: 673) at the top of the header file that you
are precompiling...

I've spent some timeagain and I believe that there is an issue / problem with the warning #673.

Here is some information:

------ Build started: Project: IccTestApp, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------

Compiling with Intel C++ Compiler XE 12.1.3.300 [IA-32]... (Intel C++ Environment)
Stdphf.cpp
Compiling with Intel C++ Compiler XE 12.1.3.300 [IA-32]... (Intel C++ Environment)
IccTestApp.cpp
Warning #673: the initial sequence of preprocessing directives is not compatible with those of precompiled header file "Debug\IccTestAppD.pchi"
Linking... (Intel C++ Environment)
xilink: executing 'link'
Creating library ...\Debug\IccTestAppD.lib and object ...\Debug\IccTestAppD.exp
Embedding manifest... (Microsoft VC++ Environment)
IccTestApp - 0 error(s), 0 warning(s), 1 remark(s)

========== Build: 1 succeeded, 0 failed, 1 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

As you can see it is reported as a remark instead of asa warning.

Best regards,
Sergey

0 Kudos
Feilong_H_Intel
Employee
Sergey,

Sorry for the delay. I'm working with our developer to see what was wrong here.

Thanks,
Feilong
0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
...Sorry for the delay. I'm working with our developer to see what was wrong here...

Thank you for the update. Unfortunately, I can't provide a test case since I couldn't isolate a problem.

Best regards,
Sergey

0 Kudos
Feilong_H_Intel
Employee
Sergey,

Never mind. Our developer believes that this problem(showing 1remark rather than 1 warning)is caused by the capitalized "W" in "Warning #673". They are fixing it. The fix is expected in the next 13.0 beta update.

Thanks,
Feilong
0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
Thank you for the update, Feilong. However, I don't think that the problem is related to "...the capitalized W..."

Best regards,
Sergey
0 Kudos
Feilong_H_Intel
Employee
Sergey, 13.0 is released, and it contains the fix for the capitalized W issue. Please download it and try if the problem you reported still persists. Thanks, Felong
0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
>>...13.0 is released, and it contains the fix for the capitalized W issue. Please download it and try if the problem you reported still persists. Thank you. I'll verify it. Best regards, Sergey
0 Kudos
Alexey_I_N_
Beginner
I have problem with this too. Log here: icl -c -FIqt_gui_pch.h -Yuqt_gui_pch.h -Fptmp\obj\debug_shared\QtGuid_pch.pch /nologo /Zm200 /Qprec /Qipo /Zc:wchar_t- /Zi /Od /MDd /GS /W3 /MP /GR /EHsc -DQT_SHARED -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT -DUNICODE -DQT_LARGEFILE_SUPPORT -DQT_BUILD_GUI_LIB -DQT_NO_USING_NAMESPACE -DQT_MAKEDLL -DQT_NO_CAST_TO_ASCII -DQT_ASCII_CAST_WARNINGS -DQT_MOC_COMPAT -DQT_USE_QSTRINGBUILDER -D_USE_MATH_DEFINES -DQT_NO_DIRECTDRAW -DQT_USE_BUNDLED_LIBPNG -DPNG_NO_ASSEMBLER_CODE -DQT_NO_CUPS -DQT_NO_LPR -DQT_NO_OPENTYPE -DQT_NO_STYLE_MAC -DQT_NO_STYLE_CDE -DQT_NO_STYLE_GTK -DQT_NO_STYLE_MOTIF -DQT_NO_STYLE_WINDOWSCE -DQT_NO_STYLE_WINDOWSMOBILE -DQT_NO_STYLE_S60 -DQT_NO_EGL -DQ_INTERNAL_QAPP_SRC -DQT_NO_DIRECTWRITE -DQT_DLL -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_HAVE_MMX -DQT_HAVE_SSE -DQT_HAVE_MMXEXT -DQT_HAVE_SSE2 -I"..\..\include\QtCore" -I"..\..\include" -I"..\..\include\QtGui" -I"tmp\rcc\debug_shared" -I"tmp" -I"..\3rdparty\wintab" -I"image" -I"..\3rdparty\libpng" -I"..\3rdparty\zlib" -I"..\3rdparty\zlib" -I"..\3rdparty\harfbuzz\src" -I"dialogs" -I"..\..\include\ActiveQt" -I"tmp\moc\debug_shared" -I"." -I"..\..\mkspecs\win32-icc" -Fotmp\obj\debug_shared\ @C:\Users\krab\AppData\Local\Temp\qlistwidget.obj.7840.163286.jom qlistwidget.cpp Warning #673: the initial sequence of preprocessing directives is not compatible with those of precompiled header file "tmp\obj\debug_shared\QtGuid_pch.pchi"
0 Kudos
Feilong_H_Intel
Employee
Hi, Did you guys try icl compiler in Composer XE 2013 update 1? If the problem still persists, I'd love to get a test case from you. Thanks, Feilong
0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
Hi Fellong, I already stated in one of my posts that '...Unfortunately, I can't provide a test case...'. There are too many dependencies between source files. Best regards, Sergey
0 Kudos