Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7944 Discussions

How do I configure Intel C++ platform toolkit in Visual Studio 10

tj1
Beginner
I downloaded evaluation copy of Intel C++ Composer XE for Windows (64 bit), but have problem getting it to run under MS Visual Studio 10. I followed the instructions in the getting started guide, to no avail.From Visual Studio 10 menu Tools > Options,I see the following:

Platform Toolset is Intel C++ Compiler XE21.1, Selected Compiler is

Compiler Information is: Intel C++ Intel 64 Compiler XE on Intel 64, version 12.1.5 Package ID: w_ccompxe_2011.11.344

However contrary to the getting started guide there was no option to select an Intel Platform under Project > Properties > General and I have tried typing in various permutations of Intel C++ Composer etc and I always get the same type of error, e.g.,C:\\Program Files (x86)\\MSBuild\\Microsoft.Cpp\\v4.0\\Platforms\\Win32\\Microsoft.Cpp.Win32.Targets(518,5): error MSB8008: Specified platform toolset (Intel C++ Compiler XE21.1) is not installed or invalid. Please make sure that a supported PlatformToolset value is selected.

Can anyone advise me what I need to do?
Thanks,
Tom.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JenniferJ

It's because you only installed the Intel C++ Composer XE pkg for x64 app. And your project in VS2010 is configured for "win32".

Right now you need to install the Intel C++ Composer XE pkg for IA-32 app. after that, it should work.

Although your machine OS is x64, but it can run both IA-32 app and x64 app.
The ICL for x64 can only generate x64 binary, and the ICL for IA-32 can only generate IA-32 binary.

Jennifer

0 Kudos
tj1
Beginner
Thanks very much, Jennifer, that's it working now.
0 Kudos