Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7944 Discussions

How do I remove and clean Parallel Studio XE from a Windows PC?

roger567
New Contributor I

After a hard drive failed, I could not reinstall Parallel Studio XE on Windows 10 and Intel technical support did not help.

I have switched development to Clang and want to remove all traces of the Intel compiler and tools from the PC. As the uninstaller did not run properly, it has presumably clogged the registry and file system with the detritus of the dead installation.

How can I clean this from the PC completely?

I am loathe to use general-purpose registry cleaners.

Does Intel have a cleaning script or documentation of precisely what to clean manually?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Viet_H_Intel

Can you try to launch the compiler setup again and remove it?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
13 Replies
PrasanthD_intel

Hi Roger,

As you already raised a ticket regarding this issue (04863966) and the engineer have replied to this same question you have asked there. Please refer to that answer.

Regards

Prasanth

0 Kudos
roger567
New Contributor I

There has been no answer for me to refer to and the problem remains.

0 Kudos
Viet_H_Intel

May I suggest to download oneApi HPC toolkit and see if you can install it? It does come with C++ Compiler Classic.

https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/tools/oneapi/hpc-toolkit.html

0 Kudos
roger567
New Contributor I

Thanks Viet,

I am grateful that someone from Intel is willing to engage constructively as the paid support service is not.

It gets further than the Parallel Studio XE installer did - it can use the C drive rather than insisting on the old D drive  that is no longer present.

It seems to require something called oneAPI Base Toolkit and gives an error at the Prerequisites check stage. However, it continues past that point, integrates with VS2019.

Should I try the Parallel Studio XE 2020 installer now and hope this has changed the drive settings?

0 Kudos
Viet_H_Intel

I wouldn't suggest trying to reinstall IPSXE2020 until you have a solution from your other ticket.

I am not sure which version of VS2019 you are using, but there are a few issues with IPSXE2020 Update 4 and latest VS2019.

In my opinion, if you have OneApi HPC toolkit installed, then use the C++ Compiler comes with it.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
roger567
New Contributor I

The compiler seems to be installed, but I don't have Amplifier or other studio tools.

How do I uninstall this?

It doesn't appear in Control Panel > Programs and Features

0 Kudos
roger567
New Contributor I

It is OK - it appeared in Control Panel after a reboot.

It is uninstalling.

0 Kudos
Viet_H_Intel

I can find it under Control->Programs-> Programs and Features

0 Kudos
roger567
New Contributor I

I tried reinstalling Parallel Studio XE onto a USB drive with the letter D in the hope that I would then be able to uninstall it cleanly.

It installed, but now if I run the uninstaller, it says "An error occurred while trying to uninstall Intel(R) Parallel Studio 2020 Update 4. It may have already been uninstalled" although it is installed and integrated with VS2019.

Is there a way to get this uninstalled again?

0 Kudos
Viet_H_Intel

Can you try to launch the compiler setup again and remove it?

0 Kudos
roger567
New Contributor I

Success!

I ran the installer exe again and it had a remove option that actually worked.

Finally the Intel software seems to be gone!

0 Kudos
PrasanthD_intel

Hi Roger,

Glad your issue has been resolved.

We are closing this thread as per your request and we will no longer respond to this thread. If you require additional assistance from Intel, please start a new thread. Any further interaction in this thread will be considered community only

Regards

Prasanth

0 Kudos