Intel® C++ Compiler
Support and discussions for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
7568 Discussions

How to download older version of C++ Compiler or Parallel Studio for Linux

izzettarik
Beginner

Hello.

I have an educational license for "Intel® Parallel Studio XE Cluster Edition for Linux*". I would like to download XE 2013 version of the compilers (or just C++), but oldest version I can see on the download page is 2017 Update 6.

Is it possible to obtain older versions somehow? Thank you very much.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hi izzettarik,

Thank you for posting in Intel C++ Compiler forum. Unfortunately we don’t support versions below 2017. Is there any particular requirement with the older version?

Regards

Gopika

izzettarik
Beginner

Hi Gopika,

Thank you for your reply. That's bad to hear. Basicly, I am trying to compile an open source program written in 2014-2015. It uses icc and icpc to compile, and requires several libraries (MKL for example), and linking with some other software.

I have tried to compile it with 2017 and 2020 compilers, but run into several problems. For example, I have to make minor adjustments to some lines because of the change in conventions since 2014. This is hard to do since it is not my code, and I might be breaking something else while I fix one thing. I was able to compile the program, but it is not working as intended. Therefore, I suspect I need the correct (old) versions to make it work.

Any help/suggestion would be appreciated.

Regards,

Tarik

IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hi Tarik,

Could you share us with a reproducer code inorder to try it from our end and also the compiler version in which the program worked.

Regards

Gopika

izzettarik
Beginner

The program should work in version: 14.0.1-sp1.1.10

To be honest, I am not sure how to provide a reproducer code. There is no error during compilation, but I get the error when I try to run the FEA program Abaqus. The error is referring to an Intel shared library, which is the following:

/opt/abaqus/6.14-1/code/bin/standard: error while loading shared libraries: libirng.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

After some investigation, I found a suggestion to run the following command,

LD_PRELOAD=/opt/intel/compilers_and_libraries_2018.5.274/linux/compiler/lib/intel64/libirng.so abaqus

which returns:

/opt/abaqus/6.14-1/code/bin/python: symbol lookup error: /opt/intel/compilers_and_libraries_2018.5.274/linux/compiler/lib/intel64/libirng.so: undefined symbol: __intel_avx_rep_memcpy

And, if I try this command,

nm /opt/intel/compilers_and_libraries_2018.5.274/linux/compiler/lib/intel64/libirng.so

I get:

0000000000373a18 a _end
000000000000e180 T erand48
0000000000360ac8 a _GLOBAL_OFFSET_TABLE_
000000000001ff10 t _InitMT19937StateVector
U __intel_avx_rep_memcpy
U __intel_cpu_dispatch_fail
U __intel_cpu_feature_indicator
U __intel_cpu_feature_indicator_x
U __intel_cpu_features_init
U __intel_cpu_features_init_x
U _intel_fast_memcpy
000000000000efe0 t __intel_lcong48__avx1
000000000000f7f0 t __intel_lcong48__avx2
000000000000da00 t __intel_lcong48__ia32e
00000000000104f0 t __intel_lcong48__knl

Does this information help? What do you suggest?

Thank you again.

IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hi Tarik,

Thank you for reporting this issue. We’re forwarding this issue to the concerned internal team who can help you out.

Regards

Gopika

Viet_H_Intel

These are defined in libirc.a, libirng.* or libintlc.so.

Did you "source compilervars.sh intel64" prior to building?

You can pass -static-intel to the linker to link Intel provided libraries statically.

Thanks,

Viet_H_Intel

Let us know if this is still an issue. Otherwise, we will close it.

Thanks,

Viet_H_Intel

We will no longer respond to this thread.  

If you require additional assistance from Intel, please start a new thread. Any further interaction in this thread will be considered community only.

Thanks,