Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7957 Discussions

How to enable C++14/17 features with Intel C++?

Buddhika_C_
Novice

I am using Intel Parallel Studio 18 with Latest Visual Studio 2017(15.6.2) version
I am trying to use std::variant but I couldn't compile and there is no compiler option to set standard c++ version to latest.
Here is some images:
C++17List.jpgsourcecode.jpg

Please help on this matter. I recently update Visual Studio 2017 to latest version and  Intel Parallel Studio Xe 2018 to update 1.
I disable C++11 support and added /Qstd=c++17 and -std=c++17 compiler options in visual studio under C/C++ -> CommandLine
,but issue still persist.

https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/c17-features-supported-by-intel-c-compiler

• Also If you someone can mentioned how to enable latest C11 features too.. it;s really appreciated
0 Kudos
1 Reply
TimP
Honored Contributor III

In this situation, you can't expect ICL to go beyond what is implemented in the Microsoft compiler.  On the other hand, if the Microsoft compiler implements a new feature which ICL does not, you could report it as a bug or feature request.  If it is not in the list to which you refer, that would seem to be a feature request.  By the way, it might be reasonable to request the option work when spelled the Microsoft way or with Qstd, but perhaps not with the linux way.

0 Kudos