Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7957 Discussions

How to find where is wrong when the project compile with icc without error but run case crash?

chao_z_2
Beginner

Hi, all,

I was using icc to comile a huge c, c++ , fortran project, there are about 20 libs and there are three of them can be compiled using icc but will lead to run case crash, others can work correctly. 

I am wonder if there are some ways to find the problem, my product is parallel_studio_xe_2015_update3. Can this product offer some tools like debugger to solve my problem?

Thanks,

chao

0 Kudos
2 Replies
TimP
Honored Contributor III

Some experts on this hang out on the debugger forum.

https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/debug-solutions

I expect you will need to build everything with -debug inline-debug-info -traceback (if in release mode),  preferably first checking everything in debug -O0 mode.

Note that the Intel compilers provide the optional installation of gdb-ia which has better Fortran features than older releases of gdb.

0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
>>...I am wonder if there are some ways to find the problem... When a crash happens there should be an error message and this is your starting point of investigation. You didn't provide any details and it is impossible to anybody to give you a right advise on what to do. So, provide more technical details.
0 Kudos