Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7956 Discussions

How to install the static library only?

youn__kihang
Novice

Hello, developers

I am writing to ask some question related installing Parallel studio especially C++ compiler.

To avoid creating shared library(*.so, *.so.*), I was finding some install options to create static library only.

(In GNU compiler, disable-shared & enable-static is works)

But I could not find the similar options during installing C++ comiler via install.sh or install_GUI.sh

Please let me know the option I have found and how to apply.

Thank you all.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
RahulV_intel

Hi,

Could you try using -static(Prevents linking with shared libraries), -static-intel(Causes Intel-provided libraries to be linked in statically) flags and let us know if it helps?

For more information, please refer to: https://software.intel.com/en-us/cpp-compiler-developer-guide-and-reference-linking-or-linker-options.

--Rahul

0 Kudos
youn__kihang
Novice

Hi Rahul,

First of all, thank you for your help.

I think you mean the compile options static and static-intel. But what I am trying to find is an installing option to install parallel studio statically.

I know that is not normal, but our system policy recommand to use static library as possible.

Or if your intention is correct to what I mean, where would I state the -static option before install.sh?

Thank you all

Kihang

0 Kudos
Viet_H_Intel

I don't think we have such options. All the options are provided when you run the install script.

0 Kudos
Viet_H_Intel

Let us know if this is still an issue. Otherwise, we will close it.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Viet_H_Intel

We will no longer respond to this thread.  

If you require additional assistance from Intel, please start a new thread. Any further interaction in this thread will be considered community only.

Thank

0 Kudos