Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7956 Discussions

How to use Qt 4.7 with Intel C++ Compiler 11 under Windows

yongkhun
Beginner
Hi,

I would like to use Qt ver 4.7-beta1 with Intel C++ Compiler ver 11 that I have just downloaded. I run the Intel Compiler's "C++ Build Environment for applications running on IA-32" from Windows XP start menu and it bring up a command prompt with all the environment variables. Then I goto Qt folder and run "configure -platform win32-icc" and it started well but then encountered an error of "stddef.h file not found". I do not have Visual Studio nor Visual C++ installed in my system.

Can anyone advice how to use Qt 4.7 with Intel Compiler? Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Yong Khun
0 Kudos
2 Replies
TimP
Honored Contributor III
ICL depends on the MSVC installation to supply headers, linker, and libraries. In 32-bit mode, VC express may be sufficient for command line operation with manual editing of icl.cfg and iclvars.bat. The general advice is to install the compiler in a supported manner.
0 Kudos
Dale_S_Intel
Employee
Sorry I missed this earlier. Tim is right that you need to have MSVC++ installed on Windows to use the Intel compiler. You might try MS express edition (http://www.microsoft.com/express/windows/ ). This would enable you to use the Intel compiler on the command line. I haven't tried it myself, but I expect that would enable you to use Qt with icl. I have successfully used Qt 4.6 with icc on Linux, and I've been meaning to try it on Windows. If I do that, I'll let you know what I find.
Thanks!
Dale
0 Kudos