Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

ICC 11.1 eclipse CDT plugin issue

pechenie
Beginner

I've downloaded a Intel C++ Compiler for Linux for non-commercial use (education, as for me). I really wanted to feel the power of my Core2Duo processer when programming in C. I used to code with Eclipse CDT plugin because of great code-completion feature. So I was more than happy, when I was told about the Eclipse CDT extension from Intel. But!

I really cannot install the extension properly, I've tried so much many different variants, but had no luck.
So, I'm using Ubuntu 10.04, Eclipse CDT 6.0.2 with Eclipse Galileo (3.5.2).

The things I did:
1) As manual said, I used iccvars.sh script to configure compiler vars.
2) Tried to install with
a) Software updates -> Manage configurations -> Add Extension location
b) Software updates -> Find and install -> Add local feature site -> then installing
c) Stupid copy\\paste
3) "eclipse -clean", no luck again

In every cases I got the error messages in Manage Configuration window. Here they are:
"The feature is not configured properly.
No plug-in: "com.intel.compiler.cdt" included at runtime.

No plug-in: "com.intel.compiler.cdt.errorparser" included at runtime.

No plug-in: "com.intel.compiler.cdt.managedbuilder.ui" included at runtime.

No plug-in: "com.intel.compiler.cdt.make.core" included at runtime.

No plug-in: "com.intel.compiler.cdt.make.ui" included at runtime."

So I stuck there :( Need some help.
Regards.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Miwako_T_Intel
Employee
Hi. Just to let you know that we saw yourposting and are trying to figure this out (so far, nothing useful to say). Are you using the Eclipse-cdt bundle (http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/-> Eclipse IDE for C/C++ Developers), and what JRE are you using?
0 Kudos
pechenie
Beginner
Do you share the same expirience?

I am using Sun JRE 6 update 16, not open source one.
And yes I do using eclipse with cdt plugin.

EDIT
:

Oh, sorry, I checked once again and there was an IcedTea java which eclipse was using... I removed it and eclipse recognize the plugin correctly. Thanks for participating and sorry for disturbing.
0 Kudos
Miwako_T_Intel
Employee
>Oh, sorry, I checked once again and there was an IcedTea java which eclipse was using... I removed it and eclipse recognize the plugin correctly
That's good news! :) Sorry I couldn't make any useful suggestion. BTW, I think 11.1 only supports Ubuntu 9.04 and not Ubuntu 10.04. The latter will be supported in 12.0.
0 Kudos