Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7942 Discussions

ICC 14.0 Compilation Error with gcc version gcc-version=332

Anchal_T_
Beginner

Hi All,

My gcc version is 332 and I upgraded ICC to 14.0 . Now when I compile my code I get the error as below :

ia32/mcpcom: error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

My question is  -   " IsICC 14.0 not compatible with gcc 3.3.2" . What are the problems we can face if we do not use the latest gcc.

Please note my application does not use C++ 11 features.

Thanks,

Anchal

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Kittur_G_Intel
Employee

Hi Anchal,
First of all GCC3.3.2 is indeed old and older compilers at least require 3.4 versions and upward as well.  The error basically indicates that the compiler couldn't find the 32-bit libstdc++ shared library on your system.  You'll need to make sure that you install the compatible 32 bit libstdc++.so.6 library on your system by downloading the appropriate RPM etc. Refer to your Linux distribution installation material for details on the specific RPM you'll need to install per-se depending on whether your system is a 64 or a 32-bit architecture. Once you install the needed libstdc++.so.6 library the issue should get resolved.

_Kittur

0 Kudos