Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7956 Discussions

ICC 19.0.4.243 ICC report disagrees with OpenMP specifications on Lenovo Legion Y7000 16 Gb ram i7 8th gen, ubuntu 18.04.

souza_diniz_mendonca

Hi there,

I am using ICC to parallelize the following program:

#include <stdio.h>
#include <stdlib.h>

void foo(int *vector, int length) {
  int i = 0;
  for (i=0; i<length; i++)
    vector= i;
}

I am using the following command line:

icc -qopenmp -par-threshold0 -no-vec -fno-inline -parallel -qopt-report-phase=all -qopt-report=5 -std=c99 -lrt -c

Given these flags, the compiler generates the following report:

LOOP BEGIN at test.c(6,3)
   remark #17109: LOOP WAS AUTO-PARALLELIZED
   remark #17101: parallel loop shared={ .2 } private={ } firstprivate={ length vector i } lastprivate={ } firstlastprivate={ } reduction={ }
   remark #15540: loop was not vectorized: auto-vectorization is disabled with -no-vec flag
   remark #25439: unrolled with remainder by 2
LOOP END

I am expecting something like the report below:

LOOP BEGIN at test.c(6,3)
   remark #17109: LOOP WAS AUTO-PARALLELIZED
   remark #17101: parallel loop shared={ } private={ i } firstprivate={ } lastprivate={ } firstlastprivate={ } reduction={ }
   remark #15540: loop was not vectorized: auto-vectorization is disabled with -no-vec flag
   remark #25439: unrolled with remainder by 2
LOOP END

It seems to me that the ICC's report disagrees with OpenMP specifications. However, the output for this function is correct. The pointer “ vector ” is assigned as firstprivate, but it is a pointer. The variable “ i ” does not need to copy the initial value, so it can be private and the variable" length " does not need to be firstprivate.

0 Kudos
0 Replies