Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7942 Discussions

ICC 19.2 failing to get libraries like opengl32.dll when compiling for x64 .dll

MacCloud
Beginner

Hi.

I'm trying to make an overlay using OpenGL3 for windows using Visual studio 2019 and the intel 19.2 classic compiler.

Compiling using the Visual Studio 2019 compiler, everything seems to work fine. But when compiling using the ICC compiler I get errors like: Force load module failed:failed finding address of OPENGL32!wglGetProcAddress manually loading the opengl32.dll gave me the error: Force load module failed:failed finding address of MSVCP140!?do_narrow@=$ctype@D@std@@MEBAPE...

If i remade the project to an .exe there wasn't any issues.

Looking at the two different files dependency walker I don't really see any meaningful differences...

depwalk.png
Would be awesome if you guys had any tips on how to fix this!

Best regards!

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
MacCloud
Beginner

I have solved the issue.

The issue was that it couldn't find libmmd.dll and svml_dispmd.dll. I manually copied these files over to C:\Windows\System32 and now everything works fine

0 Kudos
ShivaniK_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

We are glad that your issue has been resolved.

Could you please let us know if you need any help regarding this thread? If no, could you please confirm whether we can close this thread?

Thanks & Regards

Shivani

0 Kudos
MacCloud
Beginner

Yes it is okay to close this thread

Just wanted to know if I got the libmmd.dll and svml_dispmd.dll the correct way?

I just search my whole computer for the dlls and just found a copy. They didn't seem to come with ICC even tho it required it...

0 Kudos
ShivaniK_Intel

Hi,

We are working on your issue and will get back to you soon.

Thanks & Regards

Shivani

0 Kudos
ShivaniK_Intel

Hi,

Libmmd.dll file is a dynamic link library for Windows. It is an essential component, which ensures that windows programs operate properly. It comes as a part of the Windows operating system.

svml_dispmd.dll gets shipped with the intel compiler itself. 

However, on the non-development machine, you need to install the redistributable from here

https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/articles/oneapi-standalone-components.html

Make sure to test the right version of redistributable.

Thanks & Regards

Shivani

0 Kudos
ShivaniK_Intel

Hi,

As we didn't hear back from you, Is your issue resolved? If yes, can we close this thread?

Thanks & Regards,

Shivani

0 Kudos
ShivaniK_Intel

Hi,

As we have not heard back from you, we are considering that your issue has been resolved and we have answered all your queries. So we will no longer respond to this thread. If you require additional assistance from Intel, please start a new thread. Any further interaction in this thread will be considered community only.

Have a Good day!

Thanks & Regards

Shivani

0 Kudos