Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

ICC always compiles all files

Minjang_Kim
Beginner
I'm currently using Intel C/C++ compiler Version 12.0.0.024 Beta Build 20100415. It's part of Intel Parallel Studio 2011 Beta.
I've just found that it compiles all files every time even if a single file is touched. You can easily reproduce this bug.
  1. Open Visual C++ 2010, and create MFC application.
  2. Just put a name and click finish. You'll get a default MDI-style application.
  3. Change to use Intel C++.
  4. First, compile the project. It rebuilds all. It's okay.
  5. Touch a file such as MainFrm.cpp, then compile the project. Then, it compiles every file.
I believe the older version of ICC should be okay. (I've been using ICC for a long time) Here is the build log. I only modifed MainFrm.cpp. Note that Visual C++ 2010 is okay. It only compiles MainFrm.cpp.
1>------ Build started: Project: test_icc, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
1>Build started 8/2/2010 5:24:35 PM.
1>InitializeBuildStatus:
1> Creating "Debug\\test_icc.unsuccessfulbuild" because "AlwaysCreate" was specified.
1>MessageBuildingWithCompiler:
1> Building with Intel Parallel Composer 2011 beta
1>ClCompile:
1> ***** ClCompile (Win32 - Intel C++)
1> All outputs are up-to-date.
1> ChildFrm.cpp
1> ClassView.cpp
1> FileView.cpp
1> MainFrm.cpp
1> OutputWnd.cpp
1> PropertiesWnd.cpp
1> test_icc.cpp
1> test_iccDoc.cpp
1> test_iccView.cpp
1> ViewTree.cpp
Any solution? Any update?
Thank you,
MJ
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Om_S_Intel
Employee

I have reproduced the issue and submitted a report to Intel compiler development team on this. I will update the forum when I have more information on this.

Om

Intel Compiler support

0 Kudos
Om_S_Intel
Employee
The issue has been fixed by Intel compiler development team. I will let you know when the compiler is available for download.
0 Kudos
Om_S_Intel
Employee
The issue is is resolved in latest Intel C++ compiler. You may download the compiler from Intel registration and download center and use it.
0 Kudos