Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7944 Discussions

ICC can't build Firefox 12b2 on Windows

xunxun
Beginner
I use ICC 12.1.300

When compiling Factory.cpp, it will cause

[bash]make[6]: Entering directory `/e/Mozilla/beta-build/obju-icc/gfx/2d' Factory.cpp icl -FoFactory.obj -c -D_HAS_EXCEPTIONS=0 -I../../dist/stl_wrappers -DMOZ_GFX -DUSE_CAIRO -DSK_A32_SHIFT=24 -DSK_R32_SHIFT=16 -DSK_G32_SHIFT=8 -DSK_B32_SHIFT=0 -DWIN32 -DMOZILLA_INTERNAL_API -D_IMPL_NS_COM -DEXPORT_XPT_API -DEXPORT_XPTC_API -D_IMPL_NS_GFX -D_IMPL_NS_WIDGET -DIMPL_XREAPI -DIMPL_NS_NET -DIMPL_THEBES -DOSTYPE=\"WINNT6.1\" -DOSARCH=WINNT -I/e/Mozilla/beta-build/mozilla-beta/gfx/2d -I. -I../../dist/include -I../../dist/include/nsprpub -Ie:/Mozilla/beta-build/obju-icc/dist/include/nspr -Ie:/Mozilla/beta-build/obju-icc/dist/include/nss -TP -nologo -W3 -Gy -Fdgenerated.pdb -wd4800 -we4553 -DNDEBUG -DTRIMMED -O2 -Oy -Ie:/Mozilla/beta-build/obju-icc/dist/include/cairo -MD -FI ../../dist/include/mozilla-config.h -DMOZILLA_CLIENT /e/Mozilla/beta-build/mozilla-beta/gfx/2d/Factory.cpp Factory.cpp e:\Mozilla\beta-build\obju-icc\dist\include\nsExpirationTracker.h(321): error: expected a ";" class ExpirationTrackerObserver MOZ_FINAL : public nsIObserver { ^ detected during instantiation of class "nsExpirationTracker [with T=gfxFont, K=3U]" at line 690 of "e:\Mozilla\beta-build\obju-icc\dist\include\gfxFont.h" compilation aborted for e:/Mozilla/beta-build/mozilla-beta/gfx/2d/Factory.cpp (code 2) make[6]: *** [Factory.obj] Error 2
[/bash]
The generated Preprocessed source files you can download here

http://pcxfirefox.googlecode.com/files/cpp.7z

VC can build the source code. Is this a ICC bug or Firefox code issue?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Brandon_H_Intel
Employee
It looks like a compatibility issue with Microsoft's compiler. I have submitted a problem report to our front-end team on it, and I'll update the thread when they make progress on their investigation.
0 Kudos
IDZ_A_Intel
Employee
Thank you, Brandon.
I'll be waiting.
0 Kudos
xunxun
Beginner
I am sure ICC 12 update 10 has fixed the issue, but someone said there is also the problem in ICC 13.
0 Kudos
Brandon_H_Intel
Employee
I've confirmed that this is resolved in C++ Composer XE 2011 update 10 and in the beta update 1 of the 2013 beta if you're interested in that.
0 Kudos
Alex_K_6
Beginner
I was having the same issue but it does seem to be resolved now, great work!
0 Kudos
xunxun
Beginner
I've confirmed that this is resolved in C++ Composer XE 2011 update 10 and in the beta update 1 of the 2013 beta if you're interested in that.

btw,

ICC13.0.0.027 is the update1 of ICC13 (don't know update1 link)?

I use the edition to build ff13b5

it will cause

------------------------------------------------
ipc_sync_channel.cc

e:/Mozilla/beta/mozilla-beta/ipc/chromium/src/chrome/common/ipc_sync_channel.cc(321): internal error: assertion failed at: "shared/cfe/edgcpfe/statements.c", line5830

}

^

compilation aborted for e:/Mozilla/beta/mozilla-beta/ipc/chromium/src/chrome/common/ipc_sync_channel.cc (code4)
0 Kudos
xunxun
Beginner
I entered the link

http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/showthread.php?t=104796&o=a&s=lr

But only find Intel Parallel Studio XE 2013 beta dowload link.

Can't find Intel C++ Composer XE 2013 beta update1 ... :(
0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III
Beta update 1 was retired. Beta compilers can be obtained individually within the Parallel Studio beta.
Problem reports on beta compilers should be filed during the term of the beta test in the beta test category on premier.intel.com. One expects they don't have enough lasting validity or general interest to be discussed on the forum.
0 Kudos
xunxun
Beginner
Quoting TimP (Intel)
Beta update 1 was retired. Beta compilers can be obtained individually within the Parallel Studio beta.
Problem reports on beta compilers should be filed during the term of the beta test in the beta test category on premier.intel.com. One expects they don't have enough lasting validity or general interest to be discussed on the forum.

Thanks.
I will report the bug.
0 Kudos