Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

ICC error

jake_harv88
Beginner
Intel C++ users,

I am having problems with my Intel C++ compiler. For instance when I try to compile this program:

#include

using namespace std;

int main()
{
cout << "Hello World!" << endl;
return 0;
}

I get this error:

/usr/include/c++/3.4.6/iostream(44): catastrophic error: could not open source file "bits/c++config.h"
#include
^

compilation aborted for test.c++ (code 4)

Which is odd because this only happens when I try to compile on the head node of our 20 node cluster. Even more surprisingly the C++ compiler is installed globally so all nodes mount it from the head node. Thus if it worked on one node I would have expected it to work on all nodes. I was having problems with much larger programs like MPICH2 so I then went back and tried something very simple. Any suggestions?

Jacob Harvey
0 Kudos
6 Replies
TimP
Honored Contributor III
This looks like missing bits in your installation of glibc-devel. If you are using the 32-bit icc, you need a complete installation of 32-bit g++ and its dependencies, as well as (if on a 64-bit OS) 64-bit g++ development system.
With icc prior to 10.0, if you updated your g++, you had to re-install icc to make it consistent. You are looking for a very old installation of g++ here.
0 Kudos
jake_harv88
Beginner
And by re-installing icc do you mean I would have to upgrade my version of icc? Or simply re-install the version I have? Because I have re-installed the version I have but I had the same problems. What version of g++ should I be looking for?
0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III
Yes, uninstalling and re-installing the same version of icc back then would accommodate to a change in the g++ installation. It would not fix missing components of a g++ installation.
The installation notes in your icc docs directory would tell what range of g++ versions had been tested with that compiler. If you have upgraded your g++ beyond the supported range of the old icc, that might be sufficient reason to consider icc upgrade.
0 Kudos
aazue
New Contributor I
Hi
Without information about your versions O/s,Gcc,icc.
also before you reinstall test this easy way
you write in shell (bash)
LANG=C; export LANG
After test if your task is executed correctly.
Is for eventuality problem (++) part of name used...
Kind regards
0 Kudos
JenniferJ
if you try g++ like "g++ t.cpp", does it compile fine?

did you source the "iccvars*.sh" to set the env?

Jennifer
0 Kudos
aazue
New Contributor I
Hi (added after Sorry forget if you have already read)
Without relation
is for the header name...... supposed illegal characters
#include c++config.h>
wrong read by compiler (++) ,is the fault have give compiler.
Best regards (added after Sorry forget if you have already read)
0 Kudos