Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

ICC errors out with MSB6006: "icl.exe" exited with code -1073741819

R_Kannan
Beginner

I've hit an error while building one of my windows DLL projects using ICC. The DLL builds fine with VC. When I switch to using Intel C++ (16.0) and try building, I get the following error:

1> Building with Intel(R) C++ Compiler 16.0
1>ClCompile:
1> ***** ClCompile (x64 - Intel C++)
1>C:\\Program Files (x86)\\MSBuild\\Microsoft.Cpp\\v4.0\\V110\\Platforms\\x64\\PlatformToolsets\\Intel C++ Compiler 16.0\\Microsoft.Cpp.x64.Intel C++ Compiler 16.0.targets(230,5): error MSB6006: "icl.exe" exited with code -1073741819.
1>
1>Build FAILED.

ICC is installed fine, and it has no problem building other projects. The problematic project is pure C++. 

I have also raised this via Premier support but I haven't had a response. Any clues?

Thanks

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Kenneth_C_Intel
Employee

Hi can you give me the IPS ticket number for this ?

I will take a look at it.

Regards,

Kenneth

0 Kudos
R_Kannan
Beginner

Hello Kenneth

It's 6000133082. 

Thanks

0 Kudos
KitturGanesh
Employee

Hi Kannan,
I looked at the issue in Premier Support and Anoop has responded to you asking your input. Could you please communicate to Anoop via that issue towards resolution? Appreciate much for your help. We can then update this thread upon resolution as well, thanks

_Kittur

0 Kudos
R_Kannan
Beginner

Hi Kittur

This seems to have gone quiet again, I sent a bunch of code that I was asked for.

0 Kudos
KitturGanesh
Employee

Hi Kannan, 
Yes, I've pinged Anoop who's handling your issue in Premier Support to respond to you right away. Appreciate your patience.  (Ken - fyi).

_Kittur 

0 Kudos
Anoop_M_Intel
Employee

Hi Kannan,

Sorry about the delay in response. I checked the files you provided but unfortunately it has some missing pieces which is stopping me from reproducing the error you see on your end. I have provided more information on IPS for your reference.

Thanks and Regards
Anoop

0 Kudos