Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7957 Discussions

ICC has 64bit cross to 32bit compiler/linker?

xunxun
Beginner
Hi,

Because building Firefox X86 using icc ipo needs very much memory (32bit linker request more than 4G), I want to know whether intel has the 64bit cross to 32bit tools.

I had tried to use -Qipo100, but it don't effect. Is there any other method to reduce Qipo memory?

Thanks.
0 Kudos
6 Replies
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
Quoting xunxun
...I had tried to use -Qipo100, but it don't effect. Is there any other method to reduce Qipo memory?...

If you don't use'-Qipo100' option IPO should be disabled ( a default value is'OFF' ).

This is what 'Intel C++ Compiler User and Reference Guides' say.
0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III
The IA32 compilers run native in a 64-bit OS. That's an entirely viable way to develop. Of course, the 32-bit compiler is still limited to 4GB address space, where in practice it is limited to less than that when running on a 32-bit OS.
The compiler manuals discuss in detail ways to partition IPO.
0 Kudos
xunxun
Beginner
Quoting xunxun
...I had tried to use -Qipo100, but it don't effect. Is there any other method to reduce Qipo memory?...

If you don't use'-Qipo100' option IPO should be disabled ( a default value is'OFF' ).

This is what 'Intel C++ Compiler User and Reference Guides' say.

But I want to use ipo.
0 Kudos
xunxun
Beginner
Quoting TimP (Intel)
The IA32 compilers run native in a 64-bit OS. That's an entirely viable way to develop. Of course, the 32-bit compiler is still limited to 4GB address space, where in practice it is limited to less than that when running on a 32-bit OS.
The compiler manuals discuss in detail ways to partition IPO.

Can you give me some keywords, I only found the one method -Qipo

So I used -Qipo100

Thanks.
0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
...This is what 'Intel C++ Compiler User and Reference Guides' say...

>>...Can you give me some keywords, I only found the one method -Qipo

Please find enclosed the document.

0 Kudos
xunxun
Beginner
Thanks.
It seems my origin method is right.
When I change -Qipo128 to -Qipo256, it works.
0 Kudos