Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

ICL 15.0.7 VS compatibility

TimP
Honored Contributor III

I don't see where the release notes may have changed with this new update.  VS2015 is listed as a compatible version, however, for VS2015.2:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\VC\INCLUDE\xutility(3710): e
rror: expected an attribute name
  [[noreturn]] _CRTIMP2_PURE void __CLRCALL_PURE_OR_CDECL _Xbad_alloc();

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\VC\INCLUDE\limits(1115): err
or: identifier "__builtin_huge_valf" is undefined
                return (__builtin_huge_valf());

I know there were workarounds for the huge_val problem before 2016 was updated to take care of it.

No problem with VS2013.

I see also that the cilk_for _Simd clause is rejected.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Anoop_M_Intel
Employee

Hi Tim,

The issue on VS2015 Update 1 compatibility documented at https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/limits1120-error-identifier-builtin-nanf-is-undefined fixed in 16.0 Update 2 compiler. The fix is available in 15.0 Update 7 compiler. Also regarding cilk_for _Simd clause being rejected, do you mean the following behavior:

#include<iostream>
#include<cilk/cilk.h>
using namespace std;
int main(){
        float a[100], b[100], c[100];
        int i;
        a[:] = __sec_implicit_index(0);
        b[:] = 100 + __sec_implicit_index(0);
        c[:] = 0.0f;
        cilk_for _Simd (i = 0; i < 100; i++)
                c = a * b;
        float sum = __sec_reduce_add(c[:]);
        cout<<"sum = "<<sum<<"\n";
        return 0;
}
$ icpc testsimd.cc
testsimd.cc(10): error: OpenMP parallel for pragma may not be applied to this _Cilk_for statement
        cilk_for _Simd (i = 0; i < 100; i++)
                       ^

Thanks and Regards
Anoop

0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III

I see that my VS2015 installation on Win10 has broken (again) in the manner referred to by the subsequent poster who thinks cygwin may be to blame.  I'm hoping that running Repair from the Programs and Features menu may correct this, as it has done with previous failed VS2015 automatic updates.

In my case, enrolling in and withdrawing from Insider Preview may have caused the VS2015 installation to be rolled back to a state prior to a previous repair.  I'm hoping that it doesn't require a full removal and re-installation of VS2015 from scratch,  I'm hoping the repair may complete in a few hours.

0 Kudos
Anoop_M_Intel
Employee

Hi Tim,

I had a typo in my previous post. I meant to say " The fix is not available in 15.0 Update 7 compiler ". The issue is only fixed in 16.0 compiler and later.

Thanks and Regards
Anoop

0 Kudos