Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

ICL emits warning #809 when using defaulted virtual destructors

Ricardo_Costa
Beginner

The following code:

[cpp]

struct B

{

B () = default; 

virtual ~B () = default;

}; 

struct D : public B

{

virtual ~D () = default;

};

[/cpp]

generates this warning:

warning #809: exception specification for virtual function "D::~D" is incompatible with that of overridden function "B::~B"

when compiled with: icl /c /Qstd=c++11

I believe this warning is in error since the defaulted destructors should have the same exception specification.

I'm using the latest Intel C++ Composer XE SP1 Update 1 (14.0.1.139).

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Judith_W_Intel
Employee

Yes this does look like a spurious warning. I have entered this in our internal bug database as DPD200248506.

thank you for reporting it.

Judy

0 Kudos
Ricardo_Costa
Beginner

Hi,

I see DPD200248506 listed as fixed in Update 2 (https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-composer-xe-2013-compilers-sp1-fixes-list), however that warning persisted, even in Update 3 and 2015 Beta. Could you verify that?

Thanks,

Ricardo

0 Kudos
Judith_W_Intel
Employee

Sorry I gave you the wrong tracking number. This is actually DPD200250258 which is still open.

Judy

0 Kudos
JenniferJ

an update to this issue. it is fixed in the 16.0 beta. If you'd like to join our beta program, please see Intel® Parallel Studio XE 2016 Beta program has begun  

Jennifer

0 Kudos
roger567
New Contributor I

I am still getting this with 16.0 release 2016.0.110

0 Kudos
Marián__VooDooMan__M
New Contributor II
I'm having the same problem with ICC 15.0 (the latest update) when compiling wxWidgets in conjunction with virtual destructors. This warning is negligable, though It's annoying.
0 Kudos
Marián__VooDooMan__M
New Contributor II
ah, I forgot to say, that wxWidgets project doesn't use c++11 features like "defaulted destructors" for compatibility reasons. So they are regularly implemented destructors, not defaulted.
0 Kudos
Ian_Mallett1
Beginner

I can also reproduce this in version 16.

0 Kudos