Intel® C++ Compiler
Support and discussions for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!

IPO doesn't work!

alexvonduar
Beginner

I have installed ICC v9.0.21 on my FC4 system, but IPO doesn't work. The mcpcom thread will use all the cpu resources and compile progress stop there when using -ipo command. My GCC version is 4.0.2 and glibc is 2.3.5 and all the other rpms are updated to latest release. Could somebody help me?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Maximillia_D_Intel

Because IPO essentially attempts to bundle all of the files in your project into one and do the compilation, larger memory use is to be expected.

How many files and how many lines of code are in your project? You may wish to try and use IPO on a smaller subset of files on your project and determine when the large amount of memory use occurs.

I don't believe the version of GCC or glibc on your system would be the first thing to consider given you are using IPO.

Max

TimP
Black Belt
I'm somewhat surprised that a version of icc as old as you quote would work at all with gcc-4.0.2.