Intel® C++ Compiler
Support and discussions for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!

IPP patched ZLIB missing symbols

Meluzín__Vojtěch

I patched ZLIB 1.2.11 using IPP 2016 (and 2019), all went fine, all compiled fine (using MSVC). But linker comes with following missing symbols (I added all necessary libs, and I actually tried adding all libs from IPP at all)

1>zlib_x32_debug.lib(deflate.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _ippsDeflateLZ77FastestGetStat_8u referenced in function _custDeflateUpdateTable
1>zlib_x32_debug.lib(deflate.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _ippsDeflateLZ77Fastest_8u referenced in function _lz77_encode_call
1>zlib_x32_debug.lib(deflate.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _ippsDeflateLZ77FastestPrecompHeader_8u referenced in function _lz77_encode_call
1>zlib_x32_debug.lib(deflate.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _ippsDeflateLZ77Fast_8u referenced in function _lz77_encode_call
1>zlib_x32_debug.lib(deflate.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _ippsDeflateLZ77Slow_8u referenced in function _lz77_encode_call
1>zlib_x32_debug.lib(deflate.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _ippsDeflateLZ77FastestGenHuffTable_8u referenced in function _zzdeflateGetTabLen
1>zlib_x32_debug.lib(deflate.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _ippsDeflateLZ77FastestGenHeader_8u referenced in function _zzdeflateGetTabLen

Then I even tried to search the libs for these symbols and they are nowhere to be found... Any ideas?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Viet_H_Intel

Did you check  libippdc.lib?

Thanks,

Viet