Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7956 Discussions

ISM Offering Updates for Products Not Installed

jase439
Beginner

I could not find a forum specific to the Intel Software Manager (please feel free to direct me elsewhere if necessary). I recently migrated my C++ compiler tools from 2018 to 2019 - having removed all older versions of the studio. However, ISM keeps trying to notify me that an update to 2018 is available. I'm not sure if it's polling some registry key left behind by the uninstaller and thinking the product is still present or if it is keying off some file(s) that didn't get deleted, but it's annoying to continually get a popup notification for an update that is not applicable.

If there's an easy solution to this problem, please advise, or perhaps you can forward this report to your ISM team for resolution.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Viet_H_Intel

Try to reboot the machine; if it doesn't help can you report to http://www.intel.com/supporttickets

0 Kudos
jase439
Beginner

Yeah, I've tried a half-dozen things (including rebooting). I will file a ticket at the link you provided.

Thanks.

0 Kudos